Photos of you with your dogs - post them here!

AJ earned his second leg towards his Companion Dog Excellent title Sunday. I was working the trial and he was in his crate from 7am to 1pm when we went on (with a few short breaks). He was very exuberant and we got dinged with many out of position half points in heeling and fronts, but he always came through in every exercise. There were ten dogs entered in Open A and three qualified. Guess who got third place! We also got second place among Dobermans at the trial - best of the losers, as second place is called.

AJ 2021 08 08 Secnd CDX Leg.jpg

My mom sent me this picture of a picture, I think about 1999/2000 before the Doberman years began.
6DC43CC6-2BCC-4618-849D-821620A8735F.jpeg
Me, my oldest daughter and Maxie
Was quite a memorable trip.

We were in our truck following my parents towing their travel trailer to the Upper Kern river.

The transmission went out in their truck, and because I don’t have a 5th wheel hitch, they had to get 2 tow trucks.
One to take their truck to the dealership some 45 miles away, and another to tow their trailer to the camp.
Which left me, the wife, Haile and Maxie in the front seat of my truck, my parents and their 2 golden retrievers in the back seat.
Good thing I had a crew cab truck!!

Maxie turned out to be quite the swimmer that trip, tried to assault a Bouvier, and almost...almost went after a skunk.
And not one fish did I catch that trip😡
Maxie!!!!😡😡😡
She was a fun dog, absolutely fearless to a fault. She was with us almost 15 years before old age caught up to her.
Pretty much any camping trip she was with us, as well as a vacation or two through Colorado and the Southwest.
Miss that little snot.

Back