1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Pet Recipes

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by GennyB, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

Spots

3 cups all purpose flour
    3/4 tsp baking powder
    1 cup molasses
    1 cup canola oil
    2 large eggs
    1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
    1 12 oz package of carob chips

Preheat oven to 350.
    Stir together the dry ingredients, set aside.
    In a large bowl, whisk together the molasses and oil.
    Add the eggs,one at a time, and the vanilla.
    Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then stir in the carob chips.
    Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonful, 1/5 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
    Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
    Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or wrap well and freeze for up to 2 months.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

If I made those I dunno how many they would get,sounds like a great treat for dog owners too.;)

3. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

I made these for luca and he was a BIG fan!!

4. Asteria

Courtesy of watson123

Banana Bacon Cake:

2 cups water

1/2 cup mashed banana's (about a medium sized one)

1/8 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

2 Tablespoon honey

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

3-4 strips bacon (cooked or uncooked)

1/2 Tablespoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In a bowl, mix together water, banana's, vanilla, egg, and honey.
    In a separate bowl, combine flour's, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
    Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well and add in the bacon.
    pour into an 8+11-inch greased glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting (if wanted):

8 oz. low fat cream cheese
    1/4 cup banana's
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/8 cup or so of milk

beat all ingredients together in bowl until smooth.

I cut the cake down the center and made a two layer cake and frosted it.

Watson loved it so did the other dogs it is a dense cake but he liked it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Asteria

Here is a simple recipe to make the cookie. I like this basic recipe because from here I can add in anything I want to change up the cookie. Maybe some pumpkin and cinnamon. Maybe some bacon or liver. Honey. Anything safe in moderation that can make a yummy taste!
    image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Asteria

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Asteria

8. Asteria

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL, looking back at this I think the hubby would turn green in the face looking at liver brownies. :D

Looks like a good recipe too Rach!

10. swillia2

swillia2 Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my I had better get myself in that kitchen to make some treats :eekwtf:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sweet_poison

Sweet_poison Hot Topics Subscriber

These look like fun to make! I will be sure to make one for each dog on their birthdays! :party:Now I am excited lol!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. swillia2

swillia2 Hot Topics Subscriber

Pictures please if you make them ...... !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rach

Yip Yap Banana Snaps
    1.5 Cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    3/4 Cup canola oil
    3 large ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 Cup honey
    1 large egg
    1 3/4 Cup quick rolled oats

Preheat the oven to 400. Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in theh oil, bananas, honey, and egg until smooth. Fold in the oats.
    Drop the dough by rounded tsp, 1.5" apart on 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
    Cool to room temperature before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or wrap well and freeze for up to 2 months.
    Makes approximately 36 soft cookies
    Yip Yap banana snaps.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rach

Cupid's Crush Cookies

2 Cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1/3 Cup canola oil
    1/2 Cup molasses
    2 Tbsp honey
    1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
    5 large egg whites
    2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 2 baking sheets with nonstick vegetable spray.
    Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the oil, molasses, and honey until well mixed. Add the applesauce, egg whites, and vailla to the molasses mixture and stir to blend. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonful, 1.5 inches apart, on the baking sheets. Using the back of a spoon press down on each dough drop to make an indention. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until light golden.
    Cool to room teperature before serving.
    Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or wrap well and freeze for up to 2 months.
    Makes approximately 3 dozen.
    I made these around valentines and posted on my website.... For whatever reason my batter was a bit runny for cookies so I made mine into mini muffins
    Cupid Crush Cookies.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Asteria

JanS is there any way you can merge this thread with the recipes please thread. There are quiet a few there too.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rach

Doggie Ice Cream

32 oz Plain Yogurt
    1 Ripe Banana
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    2 Tbsp Honey
    Mix all ingredients and place in ice cube trays or mini tin cups... Freeze. Your dogs are sure to love

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rach

Great Pumpkin Nut Bread

1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    Pinch of ginger
    1/2 Cup canola oil
    1/4 Cup honey
    One 18 ounce can pumpkin
    2 large eggs
    Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour 6 aluminum mini bread pans.
    Stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and ginger in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the oil and honey. Add the pumpkin and eggs, one at a time, and stir to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
    Fill the bread pans 2/3 full. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.
    Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or wrap well and freeze for up to 2 months.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rach

St. Puptrick's Emerald Isles

4 Cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/3 C. canola oil
    1 tsp honey
    1/3 C. fresh chopped spinach
    Skim milk for brushing tops

Stir together the flour and baking powder. Add the oil and mix with a fork until evenely distributed. Add 1 cup of room temperature water, the honey, and the spinach. Work into a soft dough with a spoon. Turn onto a floured surface and knead with your hands. Let the dough relax for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F. Divide the dough in half then divide those pieces in half. Keep doing this until you have 16 pieces. Roll the dough pieces into oval shapes about 3 inches long and two inches wide. Brush with milk and dust with flour. Place the bites onto a lightly greased and floured cookie sheet. Press your thumb lightly in the center of each oval.. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or Freeze for up to 2 months....

• Like Like x 2
  19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Absolutely I was thinking the same too. Done. :)

Looks like some great recipes here!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rach

Yappy Easter Hops

3 C all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 C plain nonfat yogurt
    1/2 C molasses
    2 Large egg whites
    1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
    Stir together the dry ingredients, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, molasses, egg whites and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth
    Drop the batter by rounded teaspoonful, 1.5" apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until light golden. Cool to room temperature. Store in airtight container for up to a week or wrap well and freeze for up to 2 months. (recipe from three dog bakery cook book) makes 3-4 dozen cookies