Pepper šŸŒ¶ļø

MichiH

Hot Topics Subscriber
Wanted to share that I took Pepper over to my friends kids baseball game. We can walk over, itā€™s next to our neighborhood.
Iā€™ve been hesitant to take her to games since she is obsessed with baseballs and soccer balls. It is my goal to have her calm and relaxed at these games since my youngest plays travel soccer.
Well, today I took her to baseball and my girl did phenomenal! She walked into the place totally calm and controlled. We then went to watch the game and she greeted my friend like a sweetheart.
She then sat without me asking - then she went into a down and remained there the entire time we were there, which was 1 hour.
I am so happy and proud of her! We are getting there each day!

What a good girl and a proud accomplishment. Your hard work is paying off!
Thank you! People were asking how old and saying wow sheā€™s really well behaved. ā˜ŗļøā˜ŗļø
I even got to explain the ears to folks who were truly curious and wanted a Doberman. It was great to have her there showing how amazing this breed is!

Wanted to share that I took Pepper over to my friends kids baseball game. We can walk over, itā€™s next to our neighborhood.
Iā€™ve been hesitant to take her to games since she is obsessed with baseballs and soccer balls. It is my goal to have her calm and relaxed at these games since my youngest plays travel soccer.
Well, today I took her to baseball and my girl did phenomenal! She walked into the place totally calm and controlled. We then went to watch the game and she greeted my friend like a sweetheart.
She then sat without me asking - then she went into a down and remained there the entire time we were there, which was 1 hour.
I am so happy and proud of her! We are getting there each day!
I think you are more surprised by her awesome behavior than I am. I've been admiring your work with her since she was just little! It's all paying off and will continue to! I'm happy you ask questions here but also happy you stuck around to contribute and help with other's questions. You and Pepper seem to have become one and that's so special to see!

I think you are more surprised by her awesome behavior than I am. I've been admiring your work with her since she was just little! It's all paying off and will continue to! I'm happy you ask questions here but also happy you stuck around to contribute and help with other's questions. You and Pepper seem to have become one and that's so special to see!
šŸ˜­šŸ’• you made my day @Katyusharocket , seriously thank you for your kind words and support! You all @DCF, have supported me and lifted me up when Iā€™ve been doubting what Iā€™ve done. You all inspire me!
Brought tears to my eyes reading this šŸ–¤šŸ¤Ž

What an awesome day for you and Pepper! Even though you may have been apprehensive, you must have had a calm demeanor about you that just flowed over to her and she responded! Great job! ā¤ļø

What an awesome day for you and Pepper! Even though you may have been apprehensive, you must have had a calm demeanor about you that just flowed over to her and she responded! Great job! ā¤ļø
Thank you ā˜ŗļø Iā€™ve been working on myself too, youā€™re right about my demeanor!

What do you think about her size? She is petite. Last vet visit 43 pounds and that was a little over 2 weeks ago. She is just 7 months- last Sunday.
I think she looks great weight wise, but I get a lot of - shes 7 months??!!

Attachments

• IMG_4140.jpeg
    IMG_4140.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
That seems small for 7 months. I think @JanS Olive was small growing up. Have you measured her at the withers? It may be initially disappointing to have a smaller Dobe, but really in truly it doesn't matter. Do you know about or see the parents when you got her? Sorry, can't remember what her story is as a puppy. And what we discussed a while back in the Track Your Puppies Weight thread - some will grow real slow and keep gaining longer, some, like mine, grew really fast and then put the brakes on. So who knows? Pepper *should* be close to her mothers size when mature. If she was small and the sire was smaller than average, then Pepper might very well be smaller than average as well.

That seems small for 7 months. I think @JanS Olive was small growing up. Have you measured her at the withers? It may be initially disappointing to have a smaller Dobe, but really in truly it doesn't matter. Do you know about or see the parents when you got her? Sorry, can't remember what her story is as a puppy. And what we discussed a while back in the Track Your Puppies Weight thread - some will grow real slow and keep gaining longer, some, like mine, grew really fast and then put the brakes on. So who knows? Pepper *should* be close to her mothers size when mature. If she was small and the sire was smaller than average, then Pepper might very well be smaller than average as well.
Yes, I remember looking at Olives weight, but she looks big in her pics. I donā€™t know why Iā€™m a bit upset as youā€™re right it doesnā€™t matter. My husband keeps calling her my min pin haha. He knows deep down it bothers me, but I still love her just the same. She had some GI issues as you know, but her food intake is back up. She seems to be getting more muscular. Her father was pretty big and her mother looked average and fit for hair having pups. Iā€™m going to text my breeder and ask what her momā€™s weight is. I havenā€™t gotten her height yet I need to I tried with a tape measureā€¦ well she didnā€™t like that haha.

Back