• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Looking for European breeder working dog

Lowdown94

Novitiate
Hi, I’m michael I am in the UK and looking for docked and cropped Doberman. I have come across this site called elitesobwemansuk but have read very awful reviews regarding them being brought in from puppy farm, so I won’t be purchasing from them could anyone point in my direction of a good breeder I’d rather pay the premium I am wanting one From a working bloodline as I play to invest allot time in its training

Welcome!

I'm not familiar with reputable breeders in that area but perhaps @Viemarangelrock or some of the others could give you some suggestions.

I'm going to move this over to the breeders section for more views.

I think you need to check out GOV.UK and look under Animal Welfare. I believe that cropped and docked dogs are now banned from entering the country. I believe there’s an exemption for Rescue.
I’ve recently come across an article concerning a district council (Stroud) that wants their residents to call the RSPCA or themselves to report dogs seen to be either cropped, docked or both.

I am wanting one From a working bloodline as I play to invest allot time in its training
Also if you want to compete in working dog sports you can't have dock/crop in most of Europe if I understand it correctly. Many serious working dog breeders in the U.S. are NOT doing dock/crop if they think they will have puppies of world championship level because otherwise their dog would not be allowed to go.

Back