Iowa Congressman Blast HSUS

Dobs4ever

Hot Topics Subscriber
Iowa congressman blasts HSUS

March 7, 2012 By Ken Anderson 5 Comments
U.S. Congressman Steve King of Iowa does not sugarcoat his distaste for animal rights extremist organizations.
Specifically, he says the Humane Society of the United States is a “dishonest” organization and an “enemy” of livestock and feed grain production.
“I understand what their agenda is. Their agenda is to take meat off of the table for America and the world,” King said on NCBA’s Beltway Beef report. “They are vegetarians—they confessed that under oath, at an ag committee hearing—and they said, ‘but we don’t want to impose our values on you’.
“Yes, they do.”
King urges agriculture to align and push back on HSUS.
“Anytime that we give HSUS any room at all, that’s just like backing up when a bully pokes you in the chest,” he says. “You can only back up so long—and there’s no reason to back up the first time.”
King, a Republican, represents Iowa’s fifth district in Congress. However, due to reapportionment, King is now running for re-election in Iowa’s fourth district.
His opponent in the general election is expected to be Christie Vilsack, wife of U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.

http://brownfieldagnews.com/2012/03/07/iowa-congressman-blasts-hsus/

Thank Paint - we need to take our country back form all the people who want governement to tell us what we can and can't do and then they want to be the government that decides what is best for me and mine. The most corrupted professional field today is POLITICICS. HSUS runs a close second along with all it AR agenda folks who lie through their teeth about their love and care for animals. They just want to ruin it for tose of us who do enjoy our animals. They paint all animal livers as bad.

Back