1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Hypothyroid

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by DobieMom2, Apr 8, 2009.

1. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

So glad to here she's already looking better! My Shiloh was diagnosed at the approximate age of 2 1/2.Like you I have no idea of her genetics,and only an approximate guess as far as her age but she's thriving and we don't even think about her thyriod anymore.We've gotten into a routine with the soloxine,we use cheap white bread and every morning I take half a slice,tear off a little and wrap the pill in it, she gobbles it up and we make a game of catch out of the rest,throwing her little pieces till it's gone.In the evening,I use the other half.She now loves when it's "pill time"and if I'm a little late,she lets me know!!!

2. DobieMom2

DobieMom2 Lurking Member

I have been using a little slice of cheese (her favorite) and it seems to be going well. Next tuesday will be 1 week since I have started supplementing her. I like the idea of making a game out of "pill time" Lol I will have to come up with something clever!