DVG BH

Dave G.

Very proud papa here with my girl Daenerys after we passed our DVG BH on 9/11/21 out in Northern California !

Attachments

• 74DB78E9-FD27-478E-9EA6-50C1E440EEAC.jpeg
    74DB78E9-FD27-478E-9EA6-50C1E440EEAC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
it's definitely a labor of love and worth every minute !

@Dave G. - you are right about that. Is this your first BH? I'd love more input on this IGP section!
I am really frustrated at not having a close by club (3 1/2 hour drive, one way) so I only go about once a month. Even though protection is the fun stuff I try to go on the day the helper isn't there so we can work on obedience. Practice at home without helpful eyes is really hard, sometimes I know I'm 2 steps forward/3 steps back in my progress. And I keep getting sidetracked working on other things that my dog loves, like nose work. Working on tracking alone too. I've never done any of this, so if you have any advice for newbies I'd love to hear it! Best thing I've done so far is subscribe to Dave Kroyer. He's down to earth and explains tiny steps really well.

Congrats on your BH - would love more photos and conversation about what it takes to get there!

Hi Ravenbird thank you for the congrats and in regards to your questions yes it was my first BH,as far as the club scene goes it is very helpful and for me after one year I ventured out on my own,for me what opened up my eyes was a seminar I attended at our club I learned more in two days than I did in one year at the club and that’s no knock on the club it was just information overload for me and the gentleman who gave the seminar I just connected with and then I began to train with him once a month like you he was a 3 1/2 hour drive from where I live but the knowledge was so valuable it took my dog and I to another level I got enough info in that once a month session and homework from him that just worked perfect for me and my dog also I connected with a lady in the club who was my mentor and was able to train with her once a week and she basically got me through my homework so when I went once a month I was close but it was not easy and there were plenty of times that I felt like a BH would take for ever if not at all so do not give up ! Also I love Dave Kroyer and he is a huge help to me,make sure you watch his engagement videos they are invaluable and I watched the engagement videos over and over they actually took us to another level of drive that I only dreamed of that I have now, in closing remember to have patience with your dog and show them that they are the most important thing to you and eventually that will be returned to you in a bond that will never be broken and to me that is really all I ever wanted in the end it’s all about the dog hope this helps you can message me anytime and I’ll definitely get back to you good luck and happy training!

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes other beginners are awesome inspiration for me. You see the IGP3 folks doing the thing and making it look easy, it's great to get to converse with someone on the same level and wavelength. Nope, not gonna give up. I did go do some work at a really great club with a guest helper (7 hour drive) and I'd go again & again if I could, but it's too much $ and too much time. I posted some pictures on another thread here. The Sat/Sun work is reasonable $ , but I have to leave on Fri and get home on Mon and spend 3 motel nights, making it way over my budget to do every month. Like you, not knocking the people at the club closer by, just instantly could see the difference when someone has handled and caught thousands of dogs and open to all breeds. I will keep on keepin' on!

Back