DCM Progression

He has been on that dose since last August, he has only started having problems now the temperatures have gone up to around 25°c, will speak to the vet's tomorrow about blood panel work.

He has been on that dose since last August, he has only started having problems now the temperatures have gone up to around 25°c, will speak to the vet's tomorrow about blood panel work.

Yes see what the Vet says.

Could be the reason also his stools are bad! Too much mag. can cause loose stools.

Has been a change in the temperatures today although the sun has been out it's been a lot cooler 12°c at it's highest, King started off the day with his tummy sounding like a washing machine, it didn't stop him fussing to go out, after his early walk didn't want anything to eat and couldn't settle due to his upset stomach, I took him out at 10.15am and he mainly wanted to search out the grass he likes when his tummy is playing up, didn't have any problems with breathing or panting we walked all over the park and along the road kerbsides, he ate loads off grass but wasn't sick and didn't have any diarrhoea, we spent 80mins out with no rest periods he didn't want to eat anything when we got home, he did keep wanting to go out in the garden and finally was very sick followed by a bout off diarrhoea, still didn't want any food but did settle down for a sleep, left him to have a good sleep as I had an appointment at the car dealership for a safety recall for my car at 2pm, I got back home at 3.30pm and he made a big fuss to go out for a walk his tummy no longer churning away, we had a good walk round the park and the lake again no rest breaks, he didn't get breathless or suffer with panting so definitely can't take the higher temperatures, he wanted food when we got home so gave him some brown rice roast chicken and some mixed vegetables, he ate everything, since he has had his meal he has been curled up on the couch fast asleep, if things go as normal sometime soon he will be nagging me for some more food, hopefully he will be better tomorrow and the weather forecast is for another cooler day.

King has been really active today after his stomach upset, he woke up just before 10pm last night and wanted food, gave him chicken rice and vegetables, after he had eaten he went back to sleep, the day started a bit later as it's Easter Bank Holiday weekend he had a good early walk and was ready for breakfast, it's been sunny but quiet cold hasn't got over 10°c all day, I gave him a late morning walk for almost an hour with no rest stops didn't have any breathing heavily or panting, gave him another walk around 3pm we again didn't have any rest stops on a 47mins walk, he had a sleep this afternoon then this evening made a big fuss for another walk, took him for another 35mins walk it had got very cold by then so didn't want to be out to long, he has been very hungry today so have increased the amount off vegetables for a couple off his meals, he looks like he is settling down for the evening cuddled up with Lorraine on the couch, been nice to have him able to enjoy his walks without struggling and good his tummy is better.

Had another active day with King, the weather has been cold never got above 6°c most off the day, Lorraine took him for his normal early walk didn't meet up with the Jacks but he had a run around the fields, took him out again late morning to the park we had a good walk with one short rest period, it was to cold to sit still very long stayed out for 70mins, we had our next walk mid afternoon another 50mins all round the park and lake didn't have any rest periods, the sun finally made an appearance early evening and King decided he needed another walk, we spent another 37mins in the park just wandering around, the sun might have been out but still very cold I've been wearing my winter coat on all our walks the last couple off days, King has been very hungry again today and hasn't had a sleep between walks, he has just finished his last meal and got into his favourite position curled up on the couch being given a cuddle with Lorraine.

King has had a fun day, the sun has shone and its been warmer temperatures reached 15°c seemed just right for him, he had his early walk and a bit off playtime with the Jack Russells, took him out around 11am nice to be back to T-shirt weather, had a good walk and spent a bit off time sitting in the sun, he didn't get breathless and no panting we were out enjoying the pleasant weather for 75mins, we had the family over for Easter Sunday dinner so he had a lot off attention and lots off playing with the grandchildren, he was able to have a roast lamb dinner which disappeared very quickly, took him out this afternoon and Evie our eldest granddaughter came with us, had a lovely walk through the woodlands and around the lake, she is very interested in nature so I was given a lesson about what starts to change with the arrival off summer, King is very protective off her so he was on high alert when people got near to us always been that way with the children, we ended up being out for over an hour think he enjoyed having Evie with us made a change for him, he has again been eating very well and had no sleep breaks all day, they have now gone home and as soon as they went out the door he jumped on the couch already for a sleep and cuddle.

We have had some sun today but its been very cold highest temperature 6°c back to winter coat, King isn't bothered by the cold got to play with the Jack Russells this morning so all was good in his world, took him out around 11am had a good walk had him off lead most off the time, not hardly anyone else about in the park it was very cold even with the sun shining, we spent 75mins out and he didn't need any rest periods just running around like an idiot, it reached the warmest temperature all day this afternoon amazing 6°c, we again pretty much had the park to ourselves so he was able to do whatever he wanted, a couple off laps off the park and woods then round the lake, had another 67mins out again with no rest stops, again he has been eating very well and between walks no sleeps, is in his usual evening position cuddled up on the couch.

Weather has been exactly the same as yesterday, so King has been happy we have taken him out for three walks Lorraine with the early walk, no meet up with the Jacks today so just had a run around by himself, I've taken him out for his other walks we have spent over two hours out for those walks, he has been off his lead for both walks as the park was deserted except for us, it's been to cold to sit around anywhere so it was two active walks round the park and lake, he has been eating very well again and no sleeps between walks, this weather totally suits him wish I could say the same for us humans it's meant to be summer.

Still hard to believe it's summer it's been even colder today, it was -2°c when Lorraine took King for his early walk, they met up with the Jacks so King had a good time Lorraine was freezing, when I took him out at 10.45am the temperature had reached 3°c and the last off the frost had disappeared, the park was deserted so King had a free run off the park woodland and lake trail, we stayed out for 75mins and he didn't have any rest stops thankfully, took him out this afternoon at 2.30pm the temperature had climbed all they way to 5°c, we again nearly had the park to ourselves only saw two other people and only one had a dog, it looked like it was having a very quick walk the pace they were moving, we had another 50mins around the woods and park, he hasn't had any sleep again during the day and his appetite has been good, hopping it's warmer tomorrow it would be nice.

Got up this morning to sunshine and warmer weather, King had his early walk with Lorraine didn't meet with the Jacks today, he had to amuse himself running around by himself, when I took him out around 11am it was warm enough not to wear a coat, I took him to the bigger forest park near us, was able to let him off his lead he had a good walk and we did have a couple off rest breaks and he had a drink, we stayed out for 80mins and towards the end he was breathing a bit heavier not panting, he had a short sleep when we got home only briefly as he wanted to be out in the sun on the decking, when we had our afternoon walk I kept it to the park behind us, we just had a stroll round the park and woods we had a sit by the lake for a rest, we were out for another 50mins and it was very nice not wearing a winter coat, he spent a lot off the time after we got home out on the decking enjoying the warmth off the sun, he has again been eating very well so it's been a nice day.

It's been another pleasant day a little warmer than yesterday, King had the enjoyment off meeting with the Jacks on his early morning walk, he had a good run around with them and even needed a nap after his breakfast, I have been out with him for another two walks one late morning and mid afternoon, we were out for two hours over both walks and he needed a couple off rest stops on each walk, the big advantage today was it was very pleasant to sit in the sun and even be able to wear a t-shirt almost like summer, his appetite still very good has been really enjoying his food.

the big advantage today was it was very pleasant to sit in the sun and even be able to wear a t-shirt almost like summer,
How are you feeling now? I'm glad to hear King is still doing well.

@JanS I'm not doing to bad thanks, have some difficult days with my breathing but find the medication I'm using helps, find that concentrating on King takes my mind off it.

We have had a very busy weekend, didn't stay awake long enough yesterday evening to post Kings update, we had a very cold day yesterday with some light drizzle, managed to get King out for three walks without getting wet, he had nearly 2.5hrs out even a play with the Jacks on his early walk, his other two walks were for an hour each no rest stops and it was extremely cold, he was a worried about what we were doing moving lots off stuff we have had stored at our house that had been left for two long by our son and daughter, during the pandemic our local recycling centre hasn't been operating full-time, we at last managed to book a slot to go there tomorrow so need to make the most off it get rid of everything we can, King gets worried when there is lots off things getting taken in and out off the house, today we have been lucky enough to have much nicer weather, sunshine and somewhat warmer so gave King longer walks and stayed out sitting in the sun when he needed to have rests, gave him some extra attention since he got a bit stressed yesterday such a silly boy always been like that with change, he hasn't had any sleep between walks and we have been out for just over 3hrs for his three walks, he has as usual off late been eating very well, he is still worrying as we finish the last bits off loading up ready for the recycling centre visit tomorrow.

Not a great start to the day finding it had snowed during the night and temperatures in the minus range, King had his early walk didn't care it was freezing and still light snow, didn't meet anyone to play with probably at home in the warm, when I took him out at 11am it was still below zero we stayed out for over an hour he definitely get any rest stops, he was able to be off his lead all the time park was deserted and I was freezing, this afternoon the sun appeared and it had warmed up considerably actually reached 6°c how I love summer, we had a good walk round the park woods and lake still nobody around so again he was off lead, stayed out for 45mins with no rest stops hoping its warmer tomorrow, his appetite has been very good again and I think he's the only one off us who doesn't care it's been so cold.

Another big weather change today lovely sunny morning if a little cold, King had his early morning walk in the sunshine even if it was a bit on the cold side even had a bit off play with the Jacks, when I took him out later in the morning it had warmed up enough to go out in a t-shirt, took him to the larger park and forest, we had a good long walk with a few rest stops and was able to have him off lead most off the time, we stayed out for almost 90mins and he was just starting to breath a bit heavily at the end off the walk, he had a sleep when we got home but was soon ready when it was food time has got a good inbuilt clock, it was still fairly nice when we went out this afternoon just walked around the local park and lake, we had a couple off rest periods couldn't let him off his lead as the sun had brought out lot off people, he got some nice strokes from a couple who said they were looking to get a doberman puppy, had a nice talk to them about the breed and they had a good knowledge the young lady having previously owning one, one big advantage her father is a vet and will be looking into the breeders they have contacted, we ended up being out for another 70mins it was nice to spend time out in the good weather, as it's been for a long time his appetite has been good he has just had his last food for the day and decided its cuddle and snooze time.

After a lively start to the day King has taken a turn for the worst, he had his early morning walk everything was fine had a play with the Jacks, he didn't want his breakfast when he got home not at all usual lately, he didn't want to settle down just making a fuss to go outside, didn't appear to have any tummy issues just couldn't settle down, after checking his heart rate and breathing both on the low end off his usual, I took him out earlier than normal at the start he seemed OK then after 10mins he just laid down on the grass, he stayed there with me gently stroking him for 6mins then wanted to walk on I tried to steer him towards home but he was determined to carry on, he became slower and slower before laying down again, he had a very sad face and his third eye lids covered almost half his eyes, we stayed in this position for another 10mins, he set off again heading towards the woods then after another 15mins layed down again for a few minutes then rolled on his side, I sat down with him checking his heart and breathing rates heart rate very low and breathing shallow, stayed comforting him and gave him small amounts off water, he got up after 20mins and we slowly made our way towards home, had another two stops with him again just laying down for periods, after being out for nearly 90mins made it home, he had a drink off water then got on the couch and has stayed there the rest off the day, I have been monitoring his heart and breathing through the day still very low, managed to get him to have some magnesium citrate and his heart medication, he hasn't eaten all day have got him to have small amounts off water, I had called the vet when I first got him home she said to keep checking him and if he deteriorated to call again they have 24hr emergency service, he seemed cold so had covered him with a blanket and he has slept most off the time, if he gets any worse will contact the vets again otherwise will just keep checking him, hopping he will come through this might be a long night.

Back