• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Audrey's second bite sleeve traning

XerxesYoga

Notable member
Well as some of you know I was putting the pieces of puzzle together in her training without introducing bite sleeve, she is over social and dose not handle stress well. She is sweet but .... She did bite the sleeve first time in first class I was so excited I forgot to record it. ( second class)
She dose not do well under stress she releases then she bites again.
Trainer believes I am too controlling as well. First session she always turned and looking at me waitting for my confirmation. He believes real guard dog should not wait for master command I kind of agree but disagree as I like to be in charge all the time.
Any suggestions to make her better specially under stress... @Doberman Gang?

Well as some of you know I was putting the pieces of puzzle together in her training without introducing bite sleeve, she is over social and dose not handle stress well. She is sweet but .... She did bite the sleeve first time in first class I was so excited I forgot to record it. ( second class)
She dose not do well under stress she releases then she bites again.
Trainer believes I am too controlling as well. First session she always turned and looking at me waitting for my confirmation. He believes real guard dog should not wait for master command I kind of agree but disagree as I like to be in charge all the time.
Any suggestions to make her better specially under stress... @Doberman Gang?

I can hear the stress in her barking. My suggestions would be 1- helper needs to not use the whip at this stage, if this is only her second session, that is way to much stress for her. You need to just be a tree and stand still (no talking, no commands from you) helper should be more animated and build on her prey drive then reward with bites, let her carry her reward in a circle. Then as long as she holds grip calm you can hold her head up with hand under her chin and pet her calmly telling her good girl. If she starts to chew pick her up by the collar and have her out. Then have helped start all over again. Repeat this process until she holds calm grip, then slowly start more fight while gripping with helper and slowly introduce stick threats and possibly rubbing the top of her head while she is gripping. These things will all help build her confidence. No reason to push her by introducing to much stress at first.

I can hear the stress in her barking. My suggestions would be 1- helper needs to not use the whip at this stage, if this is only her second session, that is way to much stress for her. You need to just be a tree and stand still (no talking, no commands from you) helper should be more animated and build on her prey drive then reward with bites, let her carry her reward in a circle. Then as long as she holds grip calm you can hold her head up with hand under her chin and pet her calmly telling her good girl. If she starts to chew pick her up by the collar and have her out. Then have helped start all over again. Repeat this process until she holds calm grip, then slowly start more fight while gripping with helper and slowly introduce stick threats and possibly rubbing the top of her head while she is gripping. These things will all help build her confidence. No reason to push her by introducing to much stress at first.
Well make sence again I am going too fast!
Thank u.
She gets stress barking when I don't let her bite fast by the way. She wants to go but trainer want to reward it slower.
Since I took her to traning first tuseday. Everytime I go towards car she wants to jump in car as she thinks we heading here.
The trainer told me she has strong bite for young dog. When she grips not full mouth she release split second and goes full mouth.
Also we played another game the helper ( he is the trainer I hired for 5 class) charges me with his Elbow first she got alert but she didn't move. Second time I gave command she went for it hard.
Since she gets car sick as well ( still want to go to car as she feels we go here now) yesterday I set up the truck like this the crate Hight low but she didn't get sick.
DSC_0056.JPG
Alot going on again I just bought car after 7 years I am moving to country side soonish.

Here one more guys, @Doberman Gang ( I am going fast again. We doing a group class soonish.

She needs to either have you holding the leash on a long line or backtie her to limit her ability to jump and take bad bites on the sleeve. Helper can step in going from side to side and make her just miss the bite then stop in front, when her barking cadence is constant and the same pitch then reward with a full grip bite this rewards only confident barking not nervousness. This will inturn build confidence and teach her that being confident is rewarding. Again slow down in your training. She can do it but needs a clear picture of what is being asked of her.

She needs to either have you holding the leash on a long line or backtie her to limit her ability to jump and take bad bites on the sleeve. Helper can step in going from side to side and make her just miss the bite then stop in front, when her barking cadence is constant and the same pitch then reward with a full grip bite this rewards only confident barking not nervousness. This will inturn build confidence and teach her that being confident is rewarding. Again slow down in your training. She can do it but needs a clear picture of what is being asked of her.
Beautiful yes yes u right, make total sence. We need to be more careful on rewarding time. Perfect I keep u posted thank u.

@Doberman Gang the trainer loves the harness you recommended to us from bridgeport k9 equipment.
He is ordering bunch for his clients in Canada and middleeast.
Definitely the best for the price. My son uses them with his Malinois’s. I have an ipo 3 ACD in my club and used one of those harnesses with him when we were training him. This was him at the last trial we all went to.
FCD2B6F5-10C4-40F4-9627-3DD8FB948BE7.jpeg 346DC420-7473-4C8D-8EC1-BAF3C3E3DDA2.jpeg 82FAE689-7AB9-4D2B-9FB1-8D8D8CBAC56E.jpeg

DSC_0072.JPG @Doberman Gang Your son is a trainer as well? Pics look sharp.
Well not a lonng story but she ain't tired no more all toys on my sofa and dobi ego is on... 7 pm u didn't take me out watching TV fiddling with your phone!
Glen told me no idea how u kept her in condo this long. DSC_0073.JPG

@Doberman Gang
This is the 4th class. Big improvement.
The video is quiet long in middle as I try to keep her calm and natural and I didn't cut the video feel free to fast forward . The trainer raise his arm not intentional and she came at it like bullet.
We put her back.
She is singing abit on the side as she wants more but well I am crazy don't need a crazy dog!
The one before last trainer/ helper charges me she was waiting for it long time, she fires. ( no one was holding her leash that time.)
Also check the last one I send her on command for bite. While she bitting and holding the sleeve she is still barking. Funny ....
I started adding stress to game before 3Nd session.
After getting input from you.
I added a long stick with leafs to thug game and hitting the ground making noise one session. Second practice I put the leash on her ball launcher ( the two object she knows) Then whipping the floor and under her feet. I pet under her neck while she was holding the thug with the hand while holding the whip. That was it. Also I let her have the toy faster then from 3nd session with trainer she went hard for it. This is 4th class 3nd class was group and lots of obeance so I didn't record. They all love my obeance and training games they all think they fun. However none industry standard. Well.... My first dog.
Also my trainner recommend took all the toys away from her inside home. Just make her work for them more. No games unless on my terms.
I kind of wanted to do IPO schutzhund with her However his opinion was I need to kiss some a**** and he think with my fuse wouldn't happen in Canada. He said lots of politics involved.
Anyways hope you all enjoy the video.
( I am moving end of month he said loves to work with Audrey longer. He is trying to find me a person where I am moving but since it is quiet remote we see.)

@Doberman Gang
This is the 4th class. Big improvement.
The video is quiet long in middle as I try to keep her calm and natural and I didn't cut the video feel free to fast forward . The trainer raise his arm not intentional and she came at it like bullet.
We put her back.
She is singing abit on the side as she wants more but well I am crazy don't need a crazy dog!
The one before last trainer/ helper charges me she was waiting for it long time, she fires. ( no one was holding her leash that time.)
Also check the last one I send her on command for bite. While she bitting and holding the sleeve she is still barking. Funny ....
I started adding stress to game before 3Nd session.
After getting input from you.
I added a long stick with leafs to thug game and hitting the ground making noise one session. Second practice I put the leash on her ball launcher ( the two object she knows) Then whipping the floor and under her feet. I pet under her neck while she was holding the thug with the hand while holding the whip. That was it. Also I let her have the toy faster then from 3nd session with trainer she went hard for it. This is 4th class 3nd class was group and lots of obeance so I didn't record. They all love my obeance and training games they all think they fun. However none industry standard. Well.... My first dog.
Also my trainner recommend took all the toys away from her inside home. Just make her work for them more. No games unless on my terms.
I kind of wanted to do IPO schutzhund with her However his opinion was I need to kiss some a**** and he think with my fuse wouldn't happen in Canada. He said lots of politics involved.
Anyways hope you all enjoy the video.
( I am moving end of month he said loves to work with Audrey longer. He is trying to find me a person where I am moving but since it is quiet remote we see.)
Much better in this video, barking before first grip was much more confident. Nice job by the helper rewarding with the grip. Second session again more confident barking, mistake on the helper giving the grip when she was laying down. Should have had you pull her back while he threatened her then let her back him up to build confidence, then grip when she is standing and backing with a good cadence. She broke when he moved to you and looked like touched your arm, nice protection, couldn’t hear what you guys were saying there.
The last bite was ok, I would have the helper yell and threaten while you hold her by the harness then as he retreats running backwards you release her with one command and she gets a grip. To much talking or amping up verbally from you can distract from her focus on the helper. Not sure cause I can’t see her off screen, just going from my experience with some of the people that train with me. I keep telling them to be quiet and let the dog process the situation in there own. If that makes sense. But she is looking much better nice work and big improvement.

I 100% agree. I hated it when she comes to down. Few times I say up. I like her to jump up and down in the face of helper. I need to talk to him. I must fix it.
We talking about people we know dogs we know however let's not forget I am a yoga teacher and I kind of don't want to remove her from me being on mat she lie down beside me. The working makes her happy so I gave it to her. She had it from first day but sometime I want her to be with me balanced and kind of not be trigger so fast.
Helper told me I am so controlling so I am giving her freedom but it is different.
She is not impressed people petting her no more. She loves kids still but her personality changed.
I keep u posted @Doberman Gang but I want her moves on my command.
She crying to bite. Glen thinks she has Malinois!
Plus thinking cycle of dobi.
She is something.

I 100% agree. I hated it when she comes to down. Few times I say up. I like her to jump up and down in the face of helper. I need to talk to him. I must fix it.
We talking about people we know dogs we know however let's not forget I am a yoga teacher and I kind of don't want to remove her from me being on mat she lie down beside me. The working makes her happy so I gave it to her. She had it from first day but sometime I want her to be with me balanced and kind of not be trigger so fast.
Helper told me I am so controlling so I am giving her freedom but it is different.
She is not impressed people petting her no more. She loves kids still but her personality changed.
I keep u posted @Doberman Gang but I want her moves on my command.
She crying to bite. Glen thinks she has Malinois!
Plus thinking cycle of dobi.
She is something.
Yes it is very hard for people to give up control sometimes. I always tell my people to trust me, they must keep quiet but once the dog has figured things out then I have them give the commands again. It is just faster for me to teach the dog with out them distracting the dog. Dog needs to learn to stay focused on the bad guy.

Back