Announcing Doberman Chat's 2020 Calendar contest

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Announcing Doberman-chat’s 2020 calendar contest!

It's time again to begin taking photo submissions now so everyone has plenty of time to get their perfect shots in.
We are going to have 3 categories/different calendars again, which will consist of the following:

*Doberman’s in general Anything that’s scenic, playful, working, etc. would make for a nice calendar page.
Prize to the first place winner will be a glow in the dark from Ridgeway Leatherworks
Sponsored by Ridgeway Leatherworks. Thank you Rob!
Glow in the Dark Collar - Ridgeway Leatherworks

glowinthedark-jpg.95019

glowinthedark-3-jpg.95017

*All puppies (we have plenty again this year) and even if you have cute photos of your adult when he/she was a pup you are welcome to submit them. Pups must be under the age of 12 months in the photo. All breeds of puppies are eligible.
*Prize for the first place winner will be a EDD Connecticut Raincoat. Sponsored by Euro Dog Designs. Thank you Katja!
Euro Dog Designs Connecticut Raincoat
EDD Connecticut raincoat.jpg

*All breed.
All breeds are welcome! We love all breeds, so lets see some of your best shots of any breed you might currently own, have owned in the past or another persons dog you have photographed.
Prize for the first place winner will be a $30 gift certificate from Petco. Sponsored by Doberman Chat
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore
Petco.png

Rules:

*There will only be one winner in each category for this contest although all submissions may be used for future advertising purposes.

*You may submit up to 2 photos of each dog in each category. Please title your photos so it's easier to post the voting polls when the time comes.

* All images must be taken by you and not be in any copyright violations.

*All entries must be submitted by November 8, 2019.

*All entries must be in Landscape orientation or they cannot be accepted.

* A community poll will be created for members to vote for the winning submissions in each category. This poll will start on November 10, 2019 and run through November 17, 2019. The winner will be officially announced November 18, 2019. Only members with 10 posts or more will be able to vote in the polls.

* In the event of a tie, the first place winner will be determined by the doberman-chat.com staff and officially announced by November 18, 2018.

* By submitting an entry you grant Doberman-chat permission to use your material as a reference in other areas of the board and on DCF merchandise.

*We will try to use all entries in one of the calendars, but it is very important that you have a high resolution photo available to use for the calendar when the time comes.
If you cannot provide a high resolution photo, your entry can not be used.

* The Doberman-chat staff reserves the right to resolve disputes and disqualify entries as they see fit.

* Please no photos with people in them. While they might be great pics, they don't make for good calendar shots. And be aware of your background as well keeping in mind what looks good in any calendar.

* You must be a registered member with at least 10 posts (no padding) within the last six months in order to participate in this contest.

* The Winner must be willing to PM a member of the doberman-chat.com staff their mailing address to receive their prize by mail.

*DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE – there will be a special thread for each category!!!!*

*You may however ask questions in this thread rather than in the photo submission threads.

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to post photos, either from your personal photo host or by uploading them directly on this site (preferred).

Instructions for uploading photos can be found here.
The simple new way to post photos! | Doberman Chat Forum: Talk About Doberman Pinschers

Get those cameras out and good luck!

Strictly Doberman’s entry thread.
Submit your photos for the DCF "Strictly Dobermans" calendar contest here
All puppies entry thread.
Submit your photos for the DCF "All Puppy" Calendar contest here...
All breed entry thread.

Submit your photos for the DCF "All Breed" Calendar contest here

This is awesome. I'm new this year and just looked at the photos from last year and just WOW. Looking forward to all the entries coming up!!!

I finally have a photo I can enter!
I can't wait to see!

@JanS - I see Dobermans in the All Breed contest, that means all breeds including Dobes too? I'd kinda assumed it was all other breeds. Makes no difference to me, just wondering. And I'm also assuming we can order the calendars later? Feeling like a newbie here. :biggrin:

I see Dobermans in the All Breed contest, that means all breeds including Dobes too?
Yes it's any breed, including Dobermans.
And I'm also assuming we can order the calendars later?
Yes, they're always available in our store. Right now they still have last years photos on them so you could technically order whichever ones you like since you can choose the start month you want.
Doberman-Chat Calendars : Doberman Chat forum's online store

Eeeek! I have just invested in a new camera, love the quality of the pics, but the files are too large to upload! What is the recommended pixel count for calendar pics? Looks like I will need to learn how to resize now! :scratch::rofl:

What is the recommended pixel count for calendar pics? Looks like I will need to learn how to resize now!
They need to be at least 1800 X 2400 but with many of the better cameras they are way bigger. I'm not sure how many mp your camera is but you have the option to size them down by a percentage with many photo programs so with a 20 mp camera you'd want to size it down to about 50% of the original size.

Only 2 weeks left to get your entries in! :sonic:

The entry period has ended for the contests. I'll try to get the voting polls up tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the beautiful entries everyone!

Back