Recent content by Ravenbird

  1. Ravenbird

    Games with your dogs!

    That was exactly the point of the day and everybody won!
  2. Ravenbird

    Questions re cropping viewed as cruelty or not

    I agree with everything already said. Especially regarding cruelty, as @GennyB said, the puppies act like nothing happened. I worked for a vet in the 1980's and he was a very popular one for ear crops on all breeds. I assisted in dozens of the surgeries, and yes, recovery is simply coming out of...
  3. Ravenbird

    Games with your dogs!

    I'll have to nab someone else's videos or photos of other exercises - I remembered filming some, but I was using their phone for them. Here's the team of 4 weaving cones -
  4. Ravenbird

    Games with your dogs!

    I think the field owner didn't want broken eggs on the agility field 😅 That smell would attract dogs for weeks!
  5. Ravenbird

    Games with your dogs!

    All members. I think two invited guests that were interested in club activities and had brought their dogs to a training day, which we require one or two visits with them & their dogs before they can apply for membership. But no people dogs from the wilds would be considered. Too many unknowns...
  6. Ravenbird

    DPCA drama

    I got the UDC email on Sept 21 that stated it was canceled due to lack of entries. No other reason was stated. I don't know for a fact about any live stream, but if they had full entries of dog teams, judges, tracking space reserved, and helpers lined up, there is no way they would cancel their...
  7. Ravenbird

    Games with your dogs!

    Our kennel club had our first (hopefully annual) Dog Play Day. Several hours of playing silly games for fun and prizes. What an incredible day of fun and laughter for everyone. For those of you who belong to local dog clubs or even informal groups, these are great ideas for a day of fun that...
  8. Ravenbird

    DPCA drama

    Are you referring to the Fall Classic being canceled? That was canceled due to lack of entries. I don't know how that had anything to do with the livestream/zoom/Theresa/DPCA.
  9. Ravenbird

    CGCU passed!

    It would be good for him to get exposed to "life outside the ranch" - I told Asha she doesn't have to like it, she just has to tolerate it. 😅 Some things, especially on our older dogs that haven't been exposed to a lot, I think it's acceptable for them to be a bit overwhelmed but still minding...
  10. Ravenbird

    CGCU passed!

    Living in a tiny town of less than 10,000 people and the nearest city several hours away, I had nothing like Amtrak or Airports to consider for a bingo card. I was lucky enough that Asha has no noise phobias, and our first trip to Phoenix the hotel was on a corner of a major intersection, 3...
  11. Ravenbird

    Katyusha and Zastava

    I didn't think you minded the conversation, but I have such a hard time finding things myself I figured when things get into a really good conversation it makes more sense to put them under a related thread title. If for no other reason that I can find it again! 😅
  12. Ravenbird

    Katyusha and Zastava

    I totally get that. Asha did her CGC at less than a year old when she was doing a LOT of explosive barking. We passed all the test requirements and we were all sitting around discussing and getting our paperwork to send off to AKC when a dog walker went by (unrelated to our testing) and Asha did...
  13. Ravenbird

    Katyusha and Zastava

    I didn't want to continue general CGCA/CGCU training in K & Z's post about these two dogs experiences & achievements so I added the AKC requirements for passing these two different temperament/behavior tests for you ( or anyone else that is curious ) on my own thread that I posted about Ashas...
  14. Ravenbird

    CGCU passed!

    For those interested here are the things you must pass for a CGCA and a CGCU CGCA: To earn the CGCA title, the dog must: be registered or listed with AKC (AKC number, PAL, or AKC Canine Partners number) and, already have a Canine Good Citizen award/title on record. Dogs must pass all 10...
  15. Ravenbird

    Meet our first foster fail.

    Congrats on the best kind of failure ever! Hope to see family photos in the future! ❤️

Back
Top