Is this breed right for me?

I am getting ready to do it all over again. It was worth every minute and every scrape and scab, and I am ready for more if it comes to that, because it became worth it.
Honestly when there's another one in the household I've found the pup doesn't gnaw on us nearly as much.

I wanted to pull my hair out during the puppy / Doberteen stages! It was so hard, but well worth it in the end. I questioned several times what have I gotten myself into! LOL He's my world and so glad I stayed consistent with my training.
BAM!!

Fricking love this!

Oh! Is this a puppy announcement? 😃
It probably kinda is. Not to hijack the op's thread, although, it might be useful to know a first time dobie owner believes the puppy stuff is worth it, so maybe it applies. Its early in the game, there are some things to finalize, but if that all goes well, you'll see a thread for her. 🤞

Early congrats! Can't wait! LOL, no pressure :spit:
Thanks guys. Time will tell, Both the breeder and I are being very deliberate about making sure it all fits good based on what my household currently is, and whether that is a good fit for what the breeder's expectant parents are expected to produce. I have thought about it for a week and I expect myself to reach out to them tomorrow to let them know I am ready to commit to looking into it further. We just lost Thor a month ago, and I only called to ask if I could be on a waiting list for fall/winter. Then some other opportunities appeared. But like my one daughter said, Thor would not want you putting your life on hold. And I think she is right. Keep your fingers crossed too. If it doesn't work out, I'll just assume the universe knows better and continue enjoying Toby and Katyusha. But yes, I am going to go for it. We will see what happens.

like my one daughter said, Thor would not want you putting your life on hold. And I think she is right.
That is exactly right. Our lost loved ones will always be in our hearts but bringing a new one into your life helps fill that void and start a new chapter.

Back