Eva the Rottie at 17 weeks

Marko1962

Hot Topics Subscriber
More of an update than anything and a few pics...

17 week old Eva is coming on great and she's a right character, very sure of herself and what she lacks in weight when she's playing with 14 month Ozzy she makes up for in teeth and attitude. She's very loving especially when I come home or when she's just awoken, diving to the floor curling up into a little ball wanting to be petted, on the other hand she's very growly and snarly when we pick her up when she's tired but it's all show, I'm sure we will get her out of that habit with perseverance. Coming from working stock she always always on the lookout, always suspicious giving little gruffs and growls at what she must see as a threat. She always wants to play or run or chase or torment Ozzy or the cats...

So a few shots...

Today on the fields we train on. In the far distance a man appears walking through the woods, Ozzy saw him and kept his eye on him but carried on chewing on a ball, Eva was all attention....
P1010904-copy-XL.jpg

A trio of dogs, Ozzy, litter sister Lotty and Eva having fun, Ozzy is still on a lead as I don't want him running too much as his healing cut up paw is still soft and I also don't want him stomping on Eva..
P1010866-copy-XL.jpg

Still watching that man...
P1010897-copy-XL.jpg

And again...
P1010890-copy-XL.jpg

Sorry just a few shots today and not quality ones at that but this is where she's at...

Boy she is looking great and getting BIG!! Beautiful green fields for them to run and play in we are envous - we have had a drought and all just about died.

Wow she really is growing and looking more Rott by the day. Beautiful! :thumbsup:

She's incredibly cute and gorgeous at the same time! How's the shedding with her? Probably won't notice much yet since she's probably still got her puppy coat. Keep sharing pics with us as she grows, please! I can't get enough :D

Thanks Jan & Ataro for your comments. She's very much the Rottie, all ballsy and devilish, not scared of anything lol. I don't carry my camera around with me so much now I've got two dogs to walk and train, time consuming with the limited time I have but I will get those shots I promise ;)

D4E, yes very green but also very wet atm grrr :rolleyes:
Rits, I've not noticed any shedding yet, probably as you say, still very much a pup.

She's adorable! How is the wife doing with training Eva?

Besides the basics of sit/down/come and stay we are not doing much with her atm we are letting her be a little pup for now. Mel enjoys going to the Schutzhund club with me, she esp likes the social side, you know an afternoons worth of chitchat and the fact that all are dog lovers who want to talk dog all day (and shoes and handbags). Training at the club for Eva is all puppy play stuff so whilst Eva is young Mel is learning all the things she needs to know for when it's time to get a little serious training in the go :)

I'm not sure that I've posted this video before of Mel with Eva at the club a few weeks ago (14 weeks), I thought I had but I can't find it... Eva's track is a simple 10 yard one that she did really well on, Ozzys is on the other side of the pole and is 100 x 100 x100 paces.

I'm glad I took Mel to the club, it's great having a shared interest but it cost me a pup and some more training time, not that I mind that is :D

Mark
she is adorable! I had rotties back in the 80's and had two litters of them.... nothing quite as cute as a whole litter of little black and rust colored teddy bears at around 5-6 weeks of age! freakin adorable girl his Eva is!!! she is going to be a real fabulous pal for that monster Ozzy-ster!!

Back