Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Zeus Weein everywhere

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by zmchristopher, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's been said that females will lift their leg to mark their spot higher than other dogs. You got yourself there an assertive little missy. :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Assertive:cool:There's an understatement;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ya know, someone told me once that their pee has a LOT of nitrogen in it and that's why it kills everything. Fertilize anything too much and it will die......BUT......if you water every spot they pee, (I know!! :rolleyes:) and dilute it, it would be nice and lush! You know how often it rains in FL!! Maybe that's what's happening! :D

Kali doesn't quite 'lift her leg', but she does more of the 'pinky finger in the air' squat! :spit: You know, three legged pee! But I have seen her mark over some spot that either Buddy did or something else! :eek: And there was that time I posted about that she actually did lift her leg on a fence post that Buddy had just peed on!~! Funniest thing I ever saw her do!:lmao:
    I've heard this about male dogs. Females do it too? Maybe that's what Kali was doing on the fence post!!! Bahahahahaha! She IS quite assertive!:rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  4. MyBuddy

Oops, you know me, I get so carried away with the conversation I forget to address the OP!!! :rolleyes: I have to agree with most here in that I would not allow all the peeing if I were taking Buddy on a leashed walk. We are on a WALK........not a 'do as you wish stroll'. :D Cesar has often said that too. The walk should be just that, a walk. At a designated time you can stop and let the leash loose for a time of sniffing, exploring .........and peeing. But only when you say. I'm sure Zeus is marking more than relieving himself.

• Like Like x 4
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You should see our poor dogs trying to mark higher that the wolf markings... They almost tip themselves over. :D

Both Della and Dodie mark too, and darn Dodie has a habit of walking along as she goes to cover more ground. LOL

• Like Like x 4
  6. MyBuddy

The best darn 'marker' around!!! And it would be a Chi!!! :spit:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lizzard

Lizzard Hot Topics Subscriber

You know, our last dobe, Katie, lifted her leg and peed on everything during walks. I totally forgot about that! :)

So [pleading ignorance again] my next question is - HOW do you correct the behavior if they are marking while you are out? Because in my case (and Zoe's, it sounds), Marco is already used to going wherever/whenever he wants while we are on a walk. We have never tried to discourage it because, hey, it's not in the house!! :D

8. MyBuddy

Keep walking! LOL Seriously, that's how I would! ;) The walk should be a brisk walk with your dog at your side, loose leash but not long enough for him to wander, giving him/her a correction whenever they get ahead or away from you. Just keep going and do not hesitate when they put their nose to the ground, but give a light correction and keep walking......When you are at an area where you would like them to 'go' you can stop, give a command of your choice for peeing and let them have the leash. Just stopping and releasing them should give them the 'signal' that nows your chance! lol Take it or we walk again! lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yep, what MB said! Don't let them wander off into the grass, or noses to the ground. Use a leash pop and make them stay in your bubble that you want them to walk in! Giving them a command to release them like "ok" and a command to go potty helps too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I second what Rits said. Give it a command if you don't have one already. Then when you get ready to go on a walk or go into a store or something take them to a good spot for them to pee and give them the command. We do this with ours and it helps make sure they are emptied out before we go inside somewhere, go on a walk, or start training. This has prevented so many accidents and has helped them focus on the walk or training we are about to do. I have seen dogs incredibly distracted on the training field because they just had to go so bad. This even works at home. If we're getting ready to load them up in the car to go somewhere I turn them out back and tell them to "go potty" and that's just what they do.

• Like Like x 4
  11. zmchristopher

zmchristopher Notable member

Well its 8:30pm an Ive just come in from Zeus's 'walk around the block before bed walk' I just kept walking he tried to spray a few times but I just said Lets go! then 5 mins later I stopped to let him. He knows the 'Go wee wee's' command and does it pretty much straight away for me.. So Im gona just carry on as I am.. Lizzard I didnt tell anyone on here but Ive already put the prong on him, So if he stops and I kept walkin it will correct him n he goes back to heel but even without the prong Id imagine a leash pop be sufficient :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. zmchristopher

Look at that dog go!!!!!!! Crazy!!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

My friend has a male dog and in her garden she has a pee post, a short post driven into the ground with a little cloth wrapped around , the first few days she took him to it on leash until he relived himself and then after that he just headed straight for it, all her bushes are now healthy and green again , also if you add cider vinagar to their water or on the food it should help stop the grass burns, here is an article
    A dose of one teaspoon to one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (depending on the size of the dog) per day will nullify the Nitrogen imbalance and should solve the problem. The apple cider vinegar can be added to the dog's water or put directly on his food. The natural type from a health food store, not the pasteurised version from the supermarket. I find the apple cider vinegar from horse tack shops are the best. Two tablespoons of tomato juice on the dog's food twice a day will have the same effect.

• Like Like x 3
  14. zmchristopher

Funny enough me and mike looked at pet pee posts just now! Gona get one online, their grand for £6. Plus summers on its way and Lowris a bugger for running around in garden with no shoes, be vile if she stood in poo/pee!! :rp:

• Like Like x 1