Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Zeke is home!!!!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by dogsbestfriend, Dec 6, 2018.

1. dogsbestfriend

dogsbestfriend New Member

He's home and he seems to be doing pretty good. Chewing away on his bully stick. Shakes his head now and then but not hard. I'm sure things are tender and feel very different than they did just a few hours ago. Mentioned the head shaking to the vet and they said try to discourage him from shakking but that's almost impossible. Keeping an eye on things and keeping my fingers crossed he continues to do good. From what I can tell I am very happy with the crop. Here is a before and after picture.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Aww what a sweet face and he has a Christmas blankie too?

If he’s shaking his head too much, try taking him outside to distract him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

If he starts shaking his head and he will.... redirect his attention with a favorite chew toy or take for a walk- play a new game, hide/seek in house, etc.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dogsbestfriend

Yes he does LOL

5. dogsbestfriend

My cats love to play hide and seek but Zeke isn't interested in playing:( Any ideas how to get him interested?

6. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hmm. Sometimes it takes some time to learn what most motivates your individual Dobe. If he doesn't want to play, can you play a game that involves a yummy treat? Really, I find the offering of a walk to be one of the most loved things to a Dobe; and it's a fantastic way to get their attention off some undesirable thing and onto – well – EVERYTHING as they go on Dobie alert outdoors.

7. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

That is the best after crop setup I’ve seen yet! Have you seen some of the tape jobs other members come home with?! Good call on switching cropping vets. The crop looks great too.

He’s adorable!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ddski5

If I had to do it over again? I would not have allowed Ragnar to play with our three cats. As he grew bigger and bigger (tripled in size 5-7months), his prey drive also grew and he is just too big and powerful to play with the cats. Ragnar has ZERO finesse. Goofy, clumsy and no slow/calm mode. He is all bull. His jumping Doberman pounce has injured two of our cats and he does not mean to- he is just trying to play, just too powerful and strong.

Some members Dobermans acclimated well with their feline friends, that would be great if you could train it. Just watch out what you wish for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dogsbestfriend

Thank you. I am extremely pleased and very happy with my decision to change. He is happy and playing and eating.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dogsbestfriend

I totally understand. No playing going on here because the cats aren't interested but he will not hesitate to try and chase them if they are nearby. Fortunately I keep him on a leash when in the house so there is not much chasing going on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

awwwww that face! He had some big ole ears to work with, wow! Looks like they did a good job!

12. dogsbestfriend

OMG tried putting his antibiotic ointment on his ears with the help of my husband and Zeke was having no part of it. Thrashing and yelping like a crazy dog while I tried to put the ointment on making sure not to touch his ouchy. Here you can see him laying on his ears. You would think laying on them would hurt more. Any ideas on how to get the ointment on?

Thanks

13. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Did the vet recommend putting the ointment on? Or is this something you are doing on your own. From what I’ve read ointment should not be used.

14. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I have heard on here that antibiotic ointment is not to be used, as it causes the skin to heal too quickly and can lead to bunching. Do I have that correct, folks?

Laying on the ears bent down: A peeve of mine!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They look great and I love the way your vet sent him home.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

That is what I’ve read about ointment but when I picked up Shadow from the breeder she did put ointment on the bell part but that was after the stitches were out.

17. dogsbestfriend

The ointment was from the vet. When he lays on his ear his ear is not bent.

• Like Like x 2
  18. dogsbestfriend

OMG!!!! It is pouring cats and dogs. How on earth am I to keep his ears dry? There is no way.

19. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Do you have a showercap and a large golf umbrella?

20. Ddski5

Tie the leash to your belt buckle and hold two umbrellas.

In his earlier years, Ragnar really disliked rain so I set up a canopy tent outside the back door.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1