Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Zasha 18 months

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by CloverMom, Jul 30, 2013.

1. CloverMom

CloverMom Active Member

Can you believe Zasha is 18 months old already? Well, I can't. She turned 18 months on Saturday. I took her to get spayed today. I was nervous. She done fine though. I dropped her off at 8am and picked her up at 3:30 pm. They called at 10am to let me know her surgery was finished and she was fine. I thought that was nice. I was on edge for those couple hours. Since she's been home, she's just been taking it easy. I can tell she's a little sore. She was groggy at first. I wish she could talk cause I just know she would be a YouTube sensation. I could just tell by the look on her face that she was still pretty out of it. The vet put her on a leash walk/no running for a week. As of now, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Now the kids are trying to talk me into expanding our fam with a male. I told them when Zasha got spayed and my oldest son went into high school, we'd talk about it.... Zasha just got spayed and my oldest will start HS in 2 weeks. We shall see....

• Like Like x 7
  2. CloverMom

CloverMom Active Member

3. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wow! 18 months already? Congrats on the spay and the thoughts of a second Doberman!

• Like Like x 3
  4. watson123

watson123 Active Member

i can't believe she is 18 months, i'm glad the surgery went well!

• Like Like x 3
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Dropping off our babies for surgery is always stressful! I'm glad it all went well and she is comfortable at home now. :) You should post up some recent pics of your girl once she is feeling up to posing! lol We'd love to see her all grown up!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Glad to hear all went well with her spay. Happy 18 months!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CloverMom

CloverMom Active Member

Thanks for the well wishes. She seems to be doing better today. Still in slow motion. I tried to post a picture but it kept giving me an 'error' alert. That's why I double posted up there. I tried to insert it and it just reposted.

8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow it's hard to believe she's already 18 months! Another generation of DCF pups is growing up...

The first day or 2 after the spay are usually pretty easy, but by day 3 it gets pretty hard to keep them down. ;) Our vet always recommends 7 - 10 days for leashing and keeping them quiet, and for the females it usually go the full 10 days since it's a bit more complicated surgery for them. We'd love to see some new pics of that girl when you have a chance! Hmm, I wonder why you're having problems with posting them - are they sized down?

• Like Like x 1
  9. CloverMom

CloverMom Active Member

I'm not sure Jan, I'm on my phone and have never had a problem posting them before. Idk. I usually used tapatalk before but can't now. Maybe that's the problem?