Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Z Litter vs. Z Factored

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by hrd2gt, Mar 13, 2009.

1. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

This is not a thread to get hostile about Z Factored dogs, this is just to share some information that Dela and I learned from my trainer last nite.

There is some confusion regarding Z Litters. As we all know, Burlys baby boy is from a Z Litter... this DOES NOT mean he is Z Factored! His dogs Registration Number does not have the inital letters of WZ as the dogs that have had any white/albino dogs in its history.

Depending on what country the dog orignates from it seems, they have different methods of doing this. Some breeders go by the actual number of litters the Kennel has. Each litter will be a different letter, so they will have a A Litter, the second litter will be a B Litter... etc etc etc... And from what I see, the breeders will require the owners to make the 'paper' name something to do with the letter of the litter. Hence Zulus name.

Another method which makes way more sense to me, is each YEAR the KENNEL has a litter is named by letter... First year A, second year B. Which makes sense since we have so many people here that are involved with dobies for so long, that a Kennel would have 26 years of experience... would get to a Z Litter.

If I recall correctly, I think he said his GSD was Belgium and they do it by year while Germany does it by litter. But I could be wrong. :)

Burly, do you know which one your lil boy is?? And Thank you for being the perfect example to this :)

Anybody have anything else, please add!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Silent

Silent Novitiate

Some american kennels do the letter per litter too. It makes reading pedigrees a lot easier when you can see that the "a" litter xxx kennel was bred on one leg and another "a" litter pup on another leg. It helps you to figure out the inbreeding coefficient to determine how much ancestors have contributed to the pups genes.

Another pattern often used in the USA and Canada are themes. All pups registered names will have something in common, songs by a certain group, a specific color, flowers, directions, movies etc. They can be harder to spot however if a song theme is used for example and you are not familiar with that group.

3. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

Actually I have seen that too.. there is a agility school in Houston called Flashpaws, they have some of the most amazing goldens you ever seen run!! Their names start with Flashpaws and then name is related to songs. My favorite dog is Run Around Sue. Their older dog is Joanie, like Joanie and Chachi..

4. Miller Dobes

Miller Dobes Novitiate

I wondered what Z meaned on the papers. Thank you.

5. deladobies

deladobies Member

Yea, you lost me on that one..

Hrd2gt summed it up in a nut shell. I for one am always happy to learn new things and hrd2gt and I were glad we asked...

Just like I said before, cant learn if you dont ask...

6. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

Lucky for Zulu's daddy he has been gettin some! Zulu was indeed of the 'Z' litter meaning 26th litter from Fedor Del Nasi. And they asked me to give him a paper name starting with Z to mark it. Instantly I knew he would be Zulu and I couldnt imagine any other name for him. Thanks for helping to clear that up Hrd!

7. deladobies

deladobies Member

wait burly... so it was the sires 26th litter or the kennels 26th litter??

8. MLR

MLR Novitiate

"Their older dog is Joanie, like Joanie and Chachi.."

The theme song from Happy Days, dela. Gosh, you're such a young one. You probably don't even remember this show. lol

9. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

LOL MLR, well you have to admit, thats one show they dont show on Nick at Nite!!

But I can see Burlys pups dad having 26 litters, easier for a male to have that many litters vs a female...

10. deladobies

deladobies Member

could you imagine a female haveing 26 litters... I dont even think thats possible... Or at least I hope not. Now thinking about it...twice a year, oh lord. Dont even want to imagine.

11. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

I believe (and if their weasnt enough proof from all the fedor offspring out there) that it IS fedors 26th litter. I should contact delnasi tho

12. Silent

Silent Novitiate

Doberman review shows 122 progeny in their database, some of these are single pups out of litters
    http://www.dobermann-review.com/db/details.php?id=1369 I don't think zulu's litter is even listed.

Ester Di Altobello
    Kastra Best Of Island
    Virginia Betelges
    Holly Del Nasi (shows only one pup from litter)
    Asia Angel Di Casa Giardino (shows only one pup from litter)
    Freia Come As You Are
    Jola Come As You Are
    Barcelona Iz Doma Domeni
    Aba Lucky Rose
    Conessa Moravia Heart
    Baronessa Infinity Fly Livonijas
    Della Baronessa Come As You Are
    Verone-taiswan De La Villa De Channes
    Wicky Betelges
    Notrdam De Grande Vinko
    Kastra Kylie Rossiiskiy Kolorit (shows only one pup from litter)
    Tara Ginga House (shows only one pup from litter)
    Grey Gina Ginga House
    Inca Ginga House
    Simba Zena V. Noblesshof (shows only one pup from litter)
    Dunga Desary Del Nasi (shows only one pup from litter)
    Brenda Belinda Starlineking (shows only one pup from litter)
    Come As You Are Baronessa
    Barcelona Iz Doma Domeni
    Euro Dinamika Iz Zoosfery
    Beylis Smart Wood Hills
    Aurora Teraline
    Vivienne Miratio (shows only one pup from litter)
    Ati Akira Piligrimas (shows only one pup from litter)
    Klau Loa Di Satti V. Morosso

13. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

what exactly is that list??

14. Silent

Silent Novitiate

Bitches bred to fedor according to doberman review
    30 listed, I'll bet they are not all there either.

15. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

ohh, yea they dont seem to current... guess he could be a z litter, lol, he may be on his second set of letters... should of did ZZulu burly!!

16. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

I have no clue honestly. Fedor is a handsome fella, I bet all the little dobie girls would like a little q.t with him hahahah No surprise he has been bred so many times. Seems to be alot of his genes out there and his (fedors) father Baron Nike Renewal was also a really amazing dobe. The more I examine his family tree the more I appreciate that little red terror curled up on my floor drooling ice cube on my feet. I am a proud papa. ;)

17. Royalty House

Royalty House Jr Member

the Z litter is from Del Nasi kennel not just from Fedor him self but just kennel breeding's they have done and once they hit Z they go back to A so who knows how many times its rotated and like silent said Z litter is not listed and there alot of other litters not listed also

18. deladobies

deladobies Member

I have a dunb question....why would some be lised and others not be?

19. Silent

Silent Novitiate

The litters listed have at least one pup that has been entered into the DR database. If none of the pups from a litter are added by either the breeder or owner to that database then the breeding will not be represented.