Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Z List & Pedigrees

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Panama, May 13, 2009.

1. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

I've been seeing a lot of "Fawn (Isabella) White Markings" in some pedigrees and on the Z List. On the pedigree it says 'Fawn (Isabella) White Markings", obviously a white.........white, cream, eggshell, offwhite..... whatever SHADE of white.......it's still white.....actually shows on the Z List as a "FAWN". Kind of makes me wonder how many registered Fawns are actually whites!!!

2. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

That is a good question Panama. hmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it.

3. Panama

To those it matters to, yeah!

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

No I know that but it really does make me wonder, I wonder how hard it would be to find out something like that?

5. Panama

More than likely impossible! A fawn should be registered as being "Fawn (Isabella) w/Tan Markings, NOT White Markings.

6. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

and most people don't register them as that or what?? I would think that a fawn with tan markings would be different than a fawn with white markings, or a white, albino with what color markings or are the all white completely?

7. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

holy crap... how weird would it be to see a dog with WHITE markings?? even if it was black, red or blue... even fawn.... how is that even a choice... gawd

8. Panama

I don't think White or Albino were options on the paperwork. Some were probably registered as Fawn because they weren't snow white. I'm guessing (but looking into) that is the reason. If you look at a "white" that isn't snow white (as their white marking are almost invisible).... their markings are lighter than their coat.

9. Panama

Again, because some aren't "SNOW WHITE", some of the people producing them like to call them "Creams".

10. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

ok gotcha, thanks Panama. :D

11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I found one pic of a Fawn/white. It says Dobe, but I don't know if it's purebred or not.

12. Panama

Do you know if it is actually registered as "Fawn/white" or is that what someone called it on their website? I would say it was a purebred Dobe. The pink nose and bright pink around the eye...the shape of the markings....yeah, I'd say definitely a Dobe. Definitely not a Fawn though. Good example of one of the shades of white!

13. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes, the markings do look Dobe. This pic was just a Google image search and I think this particular dog was in a rescue. :(

14. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

WOW.. but there are a lot of dogs that have markings similiar to dobes... thats so... backwards...

15. Panama

Of course other dogs have similar marking, but they are tan or rust in color.
    The markings on the dog in the photo are very indicateive of an Albino/White.

16. Panama

17. Panama

I've been thinking about this entire "white/albino" (which is how I used to put it)thing...and I always used the two (white & albino together)...and I've tried and tried to picture as many other "WHITE" dog breeds that I could think of..... the non-pigmented Doberman is not a "white" dog...it IS an ALBINO (which is how I will now put it)....

Picture all of these breeds.....
    Great Pyrenees
    Samoyed
    Kuvasz
    Bedlington Terrier
    Westie
    Poodle
    Maltese
    Bichon
    American Eskimo
    Bull Terrier

I'll even throw in the White Shepherd (recognized by the UKC)

They're all white dogs...... they all have dark eyes & dark noses

With the White Shepherd, blue eyes and/or lips that do not have black pigment on them are disqualified!

Cream, eggshell, pale fawn......they'll use anything but the word ALBINO. I've seen them so light, you couldn't even tell they had white markings, and I've seen them where the white markings were very obvious.....to what degree doesn't matter...it is what it is!!!

18. Panama

Ooops I forget one......The Solid White Boxer or Boxer with more than 1/3 of the dog being white is a DQ, however, they do have dark eyes and a black nose!

19. Panama

Ok, I found a few pictures that might help you see what I meant about the Albino having white marking....

[​IMG]

20. FredC

FredC Guest

god i so wish these dogs had a better rep, i so would love to own one. you cant deny they are Beautiful.