Your Dobermans Bark

This is still not the full force of Oji's furious barking. I hope to capture that sometime soon, but the full-force stuff usually happens when the mailman comes onto my porch (yes, they deliver right to your front door – terribly inefficient but I suppose Union protecting jobs?) Problem with this is the mailman can see right in the front windows on either side of the door and I don't want to offend them by standing there recording them.

But after the mailman comes to my front door he walks down alongside our property to the house that is plopped behind our backyard. This is Oji – again, not all that fired up really on his scale – going off on him as he walked down there.

I have to wait until the dogs roll out of bed to watch these but we have the same thing with UPS and FedEx.

More of Oji barking at the mailman as he walks down alongside our property.
Oji: 1, Mailman: 0, Hardwood Floors: -5
I just thought to mention that I don't give any command or encouragement to bark in these scenarios. If I did, it would be more amped-up. I like to reserve if for when we need it.

In the first video you can see Oji turn to me at the end and look for my input. Good boy. Many more times than not, I tell him to cease barking, or to not bark at all.

I've yet to see anyone's video show some real action. :) (He said in a semi-challenging fashion).

I'll have to get one of Drake in the car. I don't know what it is about the car but he fiercely defends it. He looks and acts like a doberman is depicted in movies.
One of our employees wants to record it and hook it up to his car so that when someone touches his car it will go off. He lives in an apartment and has had his car broken into several times. He also thinks he could set up a camera and capture the would be thieves and post it on YouTube.

I'll have to get one of Drake in the car. I don't know what it is about the car but he fiercely defends it. He looks and acts like a doberman is depicted in movies.
One of our employees wants to record it and hook it up to his car so that when someone touches his car it will go off. He lives in an apartment and has had his car broken into several times. He also thinks he could set up a camera and capture the would be thieves and post it on YouTube.
Nice idea. Yeah, cars being broken into or prowled is the crime I hear about the most around here. We have a neighborhood info-sharing website and some people – no joke – leave their car doors unlocked so that they don't get their windows broken. Sheesh! May as well leave milk and cookies for them.

Does Drake accompany his furious barking in the car with rapid pawing at the wall/window?

Nice idea. Yeah, cars being broken into or prowled is the crime I hear about the most around here. We have a neighborhood info-sharing website and some people – no joke – leave their car doors unlocked so that they don't get their windows broken. Sheesh! May as well leave milk and cookies for them.

We did this in the city. It was less expensive than replacing windows. We just made sure to remove any valuables. Most they'd get is some pocket change. Coincidentally, our vehicle only got broken into once. It became common knowledge quite quickly that we had guns, dogs and weird hours so people left us alone. My poor elderly neighbor was not so lucky.

And I can't get Kaizers serious bark. Anytime I turn the camera on he stops lol

We did this in the city. It was less expensive than replacing windows. We just made sure to remove any valuables. Most they'd get is some pocket change. Coincidentally, our vehicle only got broken into once. It became common knowledge quite quickly that we had guns, dogs and weird hours so people left us alone. My poor elderly neighbor was not so lucky.

And I can't get Kaizers serious bark. Anytime I turn the camera on he stops lol
Yes, we are fortunate that I currently have the privilege of being a night owl. We also not only have our own driveway (as opposed to on-street parking) but we now have a garage that is set back behind a driveway gate. :D

One night I set out at maybe 1:00 a.m. for Oji's late night walk and I saw three guys by a car. I thought nothing of it because there is an apartment building near there on our street. They could have just stood there and talked to each other and I'd probably have nodded as we walked by. However, Oji's Darth Vader-like breathing as he pulls me down the street got their attention and they bolted. Fast suckers too! When we got out the the main road, I saw one of them peeking their head out from the next street over. He saw us and bolted up that street. Sheesh! Skittish crooks those ones.

Back