You Know you Have a Doberman When...

Archer, Don't worry as soon as Kash is tall enough she will get me in the crack too. That is where she gets my son...:lolsign: I need to post some pictures of them playing together.
HaHa! Just wait. Such a rude way to say "Hi, I love you. Whatcha doin'? I 'm still here!"

She got me good upside the head today. I was sitting on the floor with them and she was on my lap with her head on my shoulders. Well, then something else caught her eye and WHAM, she whacked me upside the head. She didn't she fazed, but I think I saw stars. Gotta love her

You know you have a Doberman when you wonder if they are part goat or part alligator
or both? I swear I have 2 that are part dobe, part gator and part goat! If they are not laying here loving on me they are seeing what trouble they can get into by eating half my yard, or playing bitey face with each other!

She got me good upside the head today. I was sitting on the floor with them and she was on my lap with her head on my shoulders. Well, then something else caught her eye and WHAM, she whacked me upside the head. She didn't she fazed, but I think I saw stars. Gotta love her
Oh, isn't that the worst! Arrrrgghhhh...I am usually so careful about that and haven't gotten whacked in quite a while. But not too long ago I was reminded once again how much that hurts. :facepalm:

Zasha sleeps next to my bed and I keep a bottle of air freshener on my night stand because her farts smell so horrible. They are absolutely worse than the husbands. I also get the nose pokes several times a day. Head in the lap, the Doberman lean, and you positively know you own a Doberman when you realize your dog is smarter than you are :D

Don't think I saw this one... when my dogs want to get up on the couch to sit by me, they will jump up and plop down hard on me. Where do their legs go?? It's like the legs just disappear and they drop full body weight right on me. If I am in the bed or lying down, they have knocked the breath right out of me. :facepalm:

A few more....

When this is what you get when you sweep. ;) No, I haven't swept for a few days. :blush:
Hair sweepings Dec 2012.jpg

And the things you have to move when you sweep.
Toy pile Dec 2012.jpg

And what people see when they come up the steps. These prints will be embedded in the layer of ice for the rest of the winter unless we get a good thaw again since that's as much as I could scrape off after the ice storm. At least the prints give you good traction. :D
Frozen paw prints on steps Dec 16 12.jpg

That's a lot of hair for just a couple of days Jan.....WOW!!!

:cya:
LOL, I do have a way of enlarging things, but yes, they haven't been brushed for a while and when they play together it knocks off a lot in a day. It's nothing compared to most other breeds though. ;)

Don't think I saw this one... when my dogs want to get up on the couch to sit by me, they will jump up and plop down hard on me. Where do their legs go?? It's like the legs just disappear and they drop full body weight right on me. If I am in the bed or lying down, they have knocked the breath right out of me. :facepalm:
Ha ha! That was Spock when he shared our bed in Arkansas last Christmas. Every night the two of us wedged into a full sized bed then let Spock up. He'd turn around a few times then drop on our legs like a sack of potatoes! Never felt like I'd have the breath knocked out of me from my legs, lol.

LOL, I do have a way of enlarging things, but yes, they haven't been brushed for a while and when they play together it knocks off a lot in a day. It's nothing compared to most other breeds though. ;)
Goodness, Jan! I sweep that much once a day here. I'm bad about remembering to brush them, though and they play, play, play constantly. I don't even want to think about what I could vacuum off the couch right now.

I have a central vac that I use to clean and I never sweep so I don't get to see it all together like that. But two dogs, a couple of days? and a closeup to boot? Yea, I can see it. LOL I'll bet they knock off a lot more together than Buddy does alone.

Some new ones for the list....

* Your shadow has a rival

* You're thinking of trading in your 50+ mpg electric car for a Dobe appropriate SUV.

* You say "Bye Sweetheart, I love you" and you're referring to the dog and not your husband.

* Your Christmas card has your dogs face plastered all over it.

* You say "ew" when kids spit up, but love to be slimed with wet Doberkisses

* The camera roll on your iPhone has 1900 images....1880 of them are of your Doberman

* You have to sign words like walk, toy, leash and car in your house because your dog knows how to spell them now

* You spend a vast quantity of money on the best quality foods and newest stuffies because you know your dog deserves the best

* You both put up with only sleeping on the edges of your king sized mattress because your dog has taken up about 75% of the middle of the bed.

OMG, those are perfect ! :rofl: I love
* You say "Bye Sweetheart, I love you" and you're referring to the dog and not your husband.
I've done that and have hubby answer me and I'll be like, Um..............ok bye! :rolleyes: Or other times he'll say 'what?' And I have to tell him I'm talking to the dog(s) (horses) :blush:

Your dobie just KNOWS that you would rather pay attention to him/her than read that book,(also insert: paper, magazine, etc) One flips it out of our hands with her head, the other just lays on top.

Back