1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

You have got to be kidding me - ugghhh

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by heidi's mom, Jan 19, 2010.

1. heidi's mom

heidi's mom Notable member

THE ROANOKE FIVE
    Just before Christmas we got a call about a group of Dobermans in Virginia that had been taken from a breeder nearly starved to death…no further details were available. We were told that two of the males were in such bad condition they couldn't be saved, but there were five dogs that still needed rescuing…could we help? Absolutely! Some amazing people in the Doberman community stepped up to the plate to help these dogs get emergency medical care and then a 13 hour ride to DRU! We rallied around and prepared the Isolation Building for their arrival…squishy dog beds, fluffy warm quilts, classical music, lots of toys and specific refeeding instructions….we were ready! What we weren't ready for was the condition these poor dogs were in when they stepped out of the van. It was heartbreaking to imagine the suffering these beautiful dogs had endured, and yet it seemed they still thought people were just great. The dogs began to recover eating five small meals per day, along with some vigorous deworming and plenty of pampering.

www.dru.org

• Like Like x 6
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's got to be heartbreaking work! Thank you for what you do!:bearhug:

3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, it breaks my heart every time I hear of the horrible people who could do things like that to any living creature. I'd so love to have an "eye for an eye" law.

Thank goodness you guys were there and giving these poor things a chance at life.

4. MyBuddy

So would EYE! :mad:

5. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

It is heaartbreaking each time I hear one of theses stories of neglect......I don't understand how anyone can withhold food from an animal let alone several. I f the breeder could no longer afford to keep the dogs why not give them up rather than slowly starving them!!!! Thank God for organizations like DRU!!!

6. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i'm speechless about how people treat their animals, but so happy, they are in a safe place now.

7. heidi's mom

heidi's mom Notable member

i dont work at DRU - i just am always on the website - but i did adopt my two from there i agree it would break my heart but they are so good there

8. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

Some people. I just do not understand people sometimes. I could never just watch one of my dogs melt down to nothing. I would be a crappy bag of Ol' Roy before I let that happen. :no2: At least, they are getting the treatment and pampering that they deserved now.

10. MyBuddy

In total agreement!

11. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

what is DRU?

12. MyBuddy

DRU=Doberman Rescue Unlimited