Ya learn something new ...

StarlightDobe

Hot Topics Subscriber
I was informed today that Doberman puppies have their tails docked at such a young age because they get so thick and long that they cannot hold them up and drag them on the ground, and get bad sores on them, so they have to have them docked to avoid this problem, which of course can lead to alot of pain and infections to the puppy. Pretty interesting isnt it?
Judith, you better watch those poor puppies of yours, they will start dragging those tails any day now and they should be getting pretty heavy real soon!!

(Oh how I wish people would do research before opening their mouths!)

I was informed today that Doberman puppies have their tails docked at such a young age because they get so thick and long that they cannot hold them up and drag them on the ground, and get bad sores on them, so they have to have them docked to avoid this problem, which of course can lead to alot of pain and infections to the puppy. Pretty interesting isnt it?
Judith, you better watch those poor puppies of yours, they will start dragging those tails any day now and they should be getting pretty heavy real soon!!

(Oh how I wish people would do research before opening their mouths!)

Oh you got that right......people please research, Holy Jamoly

yeah I had never heard this one before either, I was trying not to laugh at him when he was saying it, I was in a hurry as I had to go pick my daughter up from school or I would have taken time to set the issue right.

Hahaha...very funny. I've got one too. Someone told me that the reason dobes are called pinchers is because their brains grow bigger then their skulls and then pinch their brain causing them to go ballistic and attack their owners. And to be careful never to smack them on the head as this will cause pain to their swollan brains and make them mad. This guy was serious!

Wow, what a myth! I can't think of a single breed or mixed breed with the problem of having such a heavy tail that it drags on the ground. ;) I had heard that dobermans have long, fragile, whippy tails that are prone to breakage, but that doesn't seem to be the truth either.

:lmao: I would probably have grinned at this guy, looked at him like he had two heads .............and walked away, shaking mine. Why the hell would I bother with a reply. :tap::thumbdown:

o boy, I've heard it all. Being only 20, everyone thinks they have to help me... I only get help from DCF!

I don't know if this one is true or not, but they say they dock their tails because the dog is so big, the tail knocks glasses off of tables

Well It is a full time job having a dobe ... I can see why now ? Does nobody else have to carry their dogs tails around all day and clean up knocked glasses . Just to funny:rofl::eekwtf:

Back