Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Wyoming woman sentenced to jail for trying to spring her pit bull from pound

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by JanS, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

Life is never fair and specialy not here in the states,because you can sue everybody and money buy's you out of everything.

2. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

OMG amen to that sista :D Is so very true and this is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, but money talks better than that.

3. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Oh man, don't get me started...but , yeah, I'm right there with you guys on this one!

So- Tye- a dog can be considered "vicious" if they bark at a fence? I ask because just recently our neighbors moved. they are renting the house & showing it. OK, so my dogs have been barking at the guys trying to do up the repairs. i let them in if they start barking incessantly....but they do have to go out to potty & stretch every now & again ...and they bark cause there's someone over there rummaging around 2 feet from them. Like I said, I don't want anyone harrassed...but they are going to get barked at for the 3-5 minutes I let the dogs out to do their thing every 4 or so hours. I do NOT need anyone calling the animal control saying my dogs are a threat! pests, yes. A threat? Not with a fence between us (they don't jump on the fence...if they did it'd fall over).:eek:

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Yes Rachael a dog can be considered vicious by barking at the fence but ONLY if the person on the other side feels threatened. I would go over and talk to them and let them know that you apologize about the dogs but they are not used to people being there, that close on the other side of the fence. ANd that you will try to keep the barking to aminimum but they do have to go outside and potty and all that. See what they say, feel them out as I would say and if they are ok with your plea, so to speak, then just leave it alone and keep doing what you are doing. If they are not ok with it then I would just keep a very careful eye out and maybe start walking the dogs out front on leashes or something. I know it's pain in the butt but it might have to be done.

DO they know what kind of dogs they are?? If they don't then that is to your advantage but if they do know then like I said just be vigilant in your letting them out and keeping their attention diverted elsewhere than there. let me know how things go.

5. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Really, that's BS...I mean dogs bark through fences a LOT. No one would turn in a yorkie for vicious for barking...altho it's probably more likely to bite!!
    Ah, well...

Yeah, they know what kind of dogs we have. They "met" last weekend when the guys were working on the roof & the dogs took high offense. they'll even bark at them in the house cause they can see them...so I close the sliding glass doors & the blinds to shut them up.

I will have to have my hubby go talk to them, he did last week but I no hablo espanol. VERY little anyway. he told them last week to just let us know if they needed to work on or around the fence & we would keep the dogs out of their hair. I can NOT stand to hear a dog bark on & on so that's not happening. But, still. I want to get buddy buddy with these guys since we'll be sharing space & yard chores with them for a few weeks at least (trimming trees & fixing a common fence).

I thought about walking the dogs for a potty...but there's only ONE problem with that. My dogs do not potty anywhere but in our yard!! I may have to see if I can leash them & take them in our yard. I have never seen them more than pee on leash, and then only the male.
    It ought to be interesting!

6. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think that's good advice. :)
    It's funny, this brings to mind an incident when we were building this house. We were at the drywall point and had hired someone to hang and tape it. Because we lived an hour away from this home and the crew would be at the house early, I actually slept on the floor all night with my first Doberman. I didn't want to miss these guys! And they ended up coming late anyway! But when they show up, it's a crew of about 6 Mexicans and no one spoke English. I let the in holding onto my dog and saying that he wouldn't hurt them. They all go from room to room and check out the place and I go about my business. A short time later I see them all go back outside........and drive away! :eek: I'm like, What the hell??? :tantrum: I get on the phone with the company and let the girl know that their crew came to my house and just left! She got in contact with them and called me back saying they were afraid of the dog!!! I was so mad! After sleeping on the floor all night, waiting all morning because they were late and now they leave because of my dog???!! UGH. She was very nice and totally agreed with me saying they should have never just left, they should have at least called her and let her know there was a 'problem'! She was just as mad and ended up calling a different crew out to fix the problem. Who didn't mind my Dog!:doggyhug2:

7. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

see there, ugh some people I swear. Wow MB that is crazy and I too would have called.

Rachael yes send the hubby over, make sure all is well and I too am not one to listen to a dog bark for too long.

8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Tye may not have missed it hrd, but I was having so much fun driving the getaway car that I DID! :blink: I don't think I really knew what they gave Vick as far as a sentence...and now that he has been brought back to the forefront with his recent signing of a football team, I AM taking notice! You are so right! WHF! YEA, she gets 45 days IN jail and he is in his mansion??? Really??? :hairpull: Oh, please, catch me, I'm going to faint! :faint:

9. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Whoo hoo, went to the flea market 7 came home. The guys fixed up the fence while we had the dogs in the house. Fabulous! :)
    I guess hubby talked to them & told them we just need to know when they want to work out there so we can keep the dogs from bothering them. They said OK. But them having the fence up is awesome. it's been half-way laying over for about 3 years. Now it's all back upright. Perfect, I am so happy. W thought we had to help....

10. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

WOw Rachael that is great news. Way to go Hubby :D

11. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

we have alot of dogs here around and my are the ones which bark less.so i don't have a porblem with them and anybody knows my dogs anyway.but the other day MIL came with her Boyfrind and they had his sister in the car,she didn't got out,because of my dogs.when i tried to go outside,Apollo sneaked out with me too,the first time since i have Apollo i got to hear,dobe's are mean dogs.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,what did she knows,she was just lucky,that Logan didn't came out too,he would have tried to go into the car for a ride and sniff her out LMOA

12. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

lol Tina, I hear people all the time, omg that dog is huge and why would you let him around your kids and when my niece, who is 5 walks up and throws her arms around any one of them and looks at people and tells they don't know what they are talking about, that htese dogs aren't mean, they ( the people ) are and they should leave her dogs alone if they have nothing nice to say, lol

13. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

How cute LOL
    i remember Tim sitting in a outside jkennel with 10 little pit puppers running alover him and licking him to death.Tim was maybe 1.5 years old,hehehehe
    i never was afraid to let be with those dogs,they only thing they were fighting with,was with taking naps on my sofa LMAO.i really need to look,if i still have somewhere the pic's of them.i'm not sure if i brought them here or if they are in the basement from my parents ;)one of those days,i have to check my boxes in the garage,which are there,since i moved here(almost 4 years ago LOl )

14. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

lmaoooo Tina you sound like me, lol ANd I have never once been afraid to leave any of the kids that come to my house alone with my dogs. I have told them all the rules and I will repeat myself only once, after that if you can't abide by the rules you can't play with the dogs. lol

15. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i think thats the reason why Tim gets along with animals so good,because i raised him that way,sure once in awhile i need to put my foot down with both,Tim and Apollo,but most of the time,its working just fine. :)

about my moving boxes,we have not much space here,so most of them ended up in the garage and always something else its coming up,so i don't really looked what i still have in them and now its to hot and isn't fun to stay in a hot garage and check boxes :)

16. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

lmaooo no checking boxes int he heat girl. It can wait, we aren't going any where. And I love it that my nieces are my biggest spokespersons and advocates for this wonderful breed. The oldest one of the bunch almost got in a fight last eyar cause some boy was trying to tell her that Phoenix was mean and he was gonna bite her when she least expected it. OMG I have never seen her so upset, I talked to the boy's mom and he apologized to her and has never said another word to ehr. He also, along with his mom, got to meet Phoenix. Hehehe my big red dog has won over a lot of people ;)

17. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

Its like Apollo,for some reason people always think,the red and the blacks more agressive or mean or whatever they say LOL,but everybody loves Apollo because of his color.thats weird.but i'm lucky here anyways,never really heard something bad about Dobe's just the one time when my MIL came with her friends sis in the car and she didn't got out,because of the dogs and she told me Apollo is a mean dog.i just ask her,how she wanna know?but not really got into it,what you wanna tell a old woman haahahaha

18. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

lol I will tell an old woman same as I will tell a young one, lol. What just cause she's old means we can't tell her what she NEEDS to know, lol. Nah I have no problem just gotta keep it nice, most of the time I do, lol. But I have told a few people of, but with kids it's different I always feel the need to educate them and ask them why they automatically think just cause he's a "pit bull" makes him mean. That stops them for a sec and makes them think and they are usually honest with me and tell me their parents have told them that, lol