Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Winston’s Ear Journey

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Winstons_Dad, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

Our Manchester is 6 years old so he has slowed down a tad but he loves his little (big) brother and is very patient with him. They play pretty rough but if one yelps the other comes and kisses him. They do very very well together. He had a great temperament and is very loyal but not the best listener when distracted. The Dobie is very loyal already and is getting more attached to us each day. They are a great pair!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

A little question for anyone that has advice, one tip seems to be growing with no fold at all, should I maybe tape that tip differently? Here is a pic from when his posts were out. Also his new favorite place to hang out!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You don't want the fold going all the way too the top (just the bottom third or so) so I would just tape it the same as you are the other ear to straighten it out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

Thank you for the info!

5. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

Winstons ears are looking great, we took out his posts today and his ears have stood up for 5 hours. He is fully swiveling them, it’s great to see. We will likely post him again tomorrow but his aftercare vet told us that with his leather and crop he may only need to be cropped until 4 months old which we are creeping up on quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Most vets normally give terrible advice when it comes to aftercare and I would not leave them down overnight yet at this point. That's when they're going to do the most damage and it will set you back a lot if they do flop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I noticed he loves being on top of tables while your little one stays on the floor witnessing the Dober madness haha. Does he just jump right up there?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

The vet crops and helps with aftercare for a well esteemed breeder but yes I know a lot of them give bad advice. He went overnight with no posts but we reposted in the morning as I don’t want to have him have any damage. Even with him being tired and lazy they have not seemed to be close to flopping, though he lets them hang low to the sides when he’s just waking up. I really feel like they are healing quick

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow x 1
  9. Winstons_Dad

Winstons_Dad New Member

He loves the table! He drags a chair out so he can climb on it and then climb up top. He is only 15 weeks so his rear leg strength is still very weak, he can climb up but can’t jump out of his own shadow
    The little one is very mellow and definitely just observes, they’re a great pair!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I wonder if this is a Doberman thing to climb on to tables. There is another newer member @Chaosmom who also has a Dobe puppy on a patio table and a big-little pairing. It’s just too cute!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chaosmom

Chaosmom New Member

Those little big pairings