why does he do this

Judith

Hot Topics Subscriber
When I have been out or come down in the morning Buddy always carries a cushion around, mostly it is a cushion but sometimes it might be a shoe, he just carries it never chews it and when I get hold of it and say "ta" he gives it to me, is it a gift for me? or just through excitement he grabs it, I often laugh and say if ever we have a burgler Buddy would bash him with a cushion , this is what greets me

DSCF3758 by jadduke, on Flickr

Buddy always greets me with a cushion by jadduke, on Flickr

does your Dobe bring you things?

Aw! Is it a cushion from where you usually sit? It could be your smell he's attracted to. You could also be onto something with the excitement question. I know when our guys get spun up they want something to bite, usually each other.

Aw! Is it a cushion from where you usually sit? It could be your smell he's attracted to. You could also be onto something with the excitement question. I know when our guys get spun up they want something to bite, usually each other.

well they are off the sofa where we sit Jess , he never bothers them only when we come into the room and then he dashes over and grabs one, I let him carry it for a few minutes and then hold it and say "ta" and he just releases it, he is a funny guy :)

LOL, he's so cute! He probably is trying to bring it to you so you're more comfortable, or to get your attention.

Albert has his favorite cushion (out of the dog bed) and that thing is his pacifier, so if he can't have for a while in the evening he's just beside himself. He used to carry it all over, but now it's just limited to our time before bed when he wants to chill and get his cushion out to suck on.

Jake does this too and whatever he grabs he stuffs his mouth full lol:D They both grab something when we get home many times it's even their own toy or something of ours! I think it's whatever is handy and I'm pretty sure it's a way of greeting and getting your attention lol whatever the reason it sure is cute:eekwtf:Buddy is adoberdorable lol:rofl:

Whenever we come home, the dogs always hurry up and each grab their own favorite toy of choice to greet us with at the door. I think it's an excitement thing to try and please us. They have the same look as Buddy does, with they toy shoved all the way into their mouths, that innocent look with the ears dropped back and a full body wiggle. It's really really hard to ignore, lol cause it's so cute.

My poodle carries my clothing. He never destroys anything....just carries it. I will have a whole outfit laid out when I come in! LOL

I wonder if there is a bit of retriever mixed into our breed. ;) Bailey spent her first 7 months with a Golden Retriever so I thought some of those traits came from that. Guess not. LOL

One of my moms Goldens has a blanket she's had since she was a pup.She brought it from the breeder,same deal.She's like that kid from the Peanuts,Linus I think.When she gets excited she grabs that blanket.When she's scared of the wind or thunder,she gets it.She's about 5 years old or so now.Not a single hole or tatered edge,she just drags it around with her.

Aww cute Buddy :) My last dog Zach (him over there <--) would when we entered the door ignore us whilst franticly looking for something to give to us, usually it was a bone but if he couldn't find it it could literally be anything that got dropped on our feet including the possibility of a 5 Ib dumbbell we use as a doorstop, dangerous times :D

Yes Zeus does this, If I come in and hes excited he will grab anything, anything at all, but with him its a 'Come gett meeee come get it off me mumm!!! I want ur attention!'' lmfao little $hit! :D

Nexus always has to have a toy of some sort to greet people with. A bone, the rope, her ball, something, and she wont give it to you, just holds it in her mouth and runs to whoever she is greeting. Bella, well she just wants to grab ahold of whoever she is greeting!

When I have been out or come down in the morning Buddy always carries a cushion around, mostly it is a cushion but sometimes it might be a shoe, he just carries it never chews it and when I get hold of it and say "ta" he gives it to me, is it a gift for me? or just through excitement he grabs it, I often laugh and say if ever we have a burgler Buddy would bash him with a cushion , this is what greets me

DSCF3758 by jadduke, on Flickr

Buddy always greets me with a cushion by jadduke, on Flickr

does your Dobe bring you things?
OK now Judith..........now I know he really is related to Hunter, they
not only look alike..........they act alike. Hunter always did that too.
Shoe or a pillow or something, then he would prance with it.........
LOVE IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a big LOVER you have there.

OK now Judith..........now I know he really is related to Hunter, they
not only look alike..........they act alike. Hunter always did that too.
Shoe or a pillow or something, then he would prance with it.........
LOVE IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a big LOVER you have there.

Glad it is bringing back good memories for you MM, they sound so much alike it is uncanny

Im glad I read this, indi hasn't yet grasped greeting me at the door if I've been out but I have.noticed her obsession with finding things to carry about. When we first got her home she grabbed a sock and.carried it all night long. At least I know what to look forward too in the future!

Asha must have something in her mouth when we come home... toys, blanket, bones, etc. She trotting and showing it to me like asking me to take it. Do they want to please us? Or it's just their excitement?
Gino never does it. He prefers to give me kisses :)

Buddy is very cute with his pillow. I bet you laugh when he does it.

Ashra doesn't do that... she just follows me around quietly after I get home with this weird smile on her face (it looks like she's trying very hard to keep her mouth shut), and then after a short while she jumps in the air, unable to contain her excitement.

Back