Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Missouri Who's in Missouri?

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by watson123, Jul 19, 2013.

1. watson123

watson123 Active Member

thought i would start a thread to see who's in Missouri?

2. watson123

watson123 Active Member

i live in central Missouri!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Warrensburg - We are having a Waine Singleton working seminar Sept 6 and 7th JFYI if you have any interest let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

You know who isn't in Missouri.......

KU!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

HaHa! Very funny :p

I am in Olathe, KS. which is close. I work in MO. If there was ever a MO gathering we would be interested in attending. I know there are a few of us in the KC MO area.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DoubleDogDare

DoubleDogDare Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  7. DoubleDogDare

That's just awesome. As a member of Marching Mizzou for four years, we have several colorful cheers regarding KU. Here's a little sampling:

Call: "What time it it?!?"

Response: "2 O'clock! And Kansas STILL sucks ... moose c*ck .... THIS LONG!!" (accompanied by spreading your arms as wide as you can.)

This one usually happened in the middle of the night on a bus trip, when most people were asleep.

We had all kinds of limericks about KU, too. I won't get into those. They were usually accompanied by crazy amounts of liquor.

I digress..... :ot:

• Like Like x 2
  8. watson123

watson123 Active Member

Bolivar, mo its down north of Springfield

9. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Yup, in the STL area. Though originally from NW Arkansas so I'm more familiar with areas near Springfield, Branson, and Washburn/NW Arkansas border area.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ariegel

ariegel Active Member

Washington, MO It's about 45 min west off STL. I work in west county.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SandyinKS

SandyinKS Notable member

Pomona, KS................ probably the furthest from all of you. About 45 min south of Olathe, KS

• Like Like x 1
  12. watson123

watson123 Active Member

If we would ever have a reunion in Missouri of course you would be welcome to come!

13. DoubleDogDare

Where do you work? I live in Chesterfield.

ETA: I just peeked at your profile, and your birthday is exactly one day after mine. Huh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ariegel

ariegel Active Member

Ellisville.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Also Olathe, Kansas.

Where the driving is excellent, and the basketball is even better....

:p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

I am in Lee's Summit, MO

• Like Like x 1
  17. lewsplace

lewsplace Lurking Member

Hi there. Since living in the STL area, do you have any suggestions on nearby obedience school and/or good breeders to buy from. I'm wanting to get a dob puppy probably sometime next Spring. Thank you.

18. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

What kind of obedience school are you looking for? Are you just looking for a puppy class to help them become a pleasant pet or more competition stuff? Our IPO/Schutzhund club training director also owns a kennel that has obedience classes. I haven't taken his classes but I trust his knowledge (warning, he can be abrasive) so you might check his business: Stargate Kennel. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hi there! I'm not @Marinegeekswife but I also live in the St. Louis area.
    For a breeder I would suggest going to dpca.org. There is a breeder referral list there. I would not just pick one because they are close. Research them. Visit and meet the dogs to see if that breeder is producing what you want in a dog. Ask lots of questions to see if that breeder is a person you can work with. IMHO, a good breeder should show and train their dogs in a sport so they have a better understanding of temperament. Health and temperament are key to sucess. Read up on health testing and talk to any potential breeder about their testing to get a feel for if they do test and their understanding of testing. Don't hesitate to ask for proof.
    As far as a training club, I would recommend going to akc.org. Again, ask questions, maybe even attend a training session to see if they are a good fit for what you are trying to achieve. I personally prefer a more positive based program that moves to some correction when the time is right.

20. lewsplace

lewsplace Lurking Member

Paintinsthegame,
    Thank you very much for the feedback. This is very useful and I plan to use the advice you've given.

• Like Like x 1