• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Who are the breeders?

Miller Dobes

Novitiate
I was wondering who on the forum is a breeder of dobermans? Why aren't the real names or kennels listed.

Many of the questions are answered from people with neutered dogs. Did you use to breed dobermans?

Edited by Admin to add a clause from the Forum rules.
If you're banned, do not register with another ID -- we *will* find out eventually, ban you again, and we may take further action, including the possibility of contacting your ISP to report the violation. Violations could possibly constitute federal charges.
Try Me, Becky. :nono:

I don't think everyone that breeds has a registered kennel name. We have produced litters in the past and probably will in the future, but I would not fall under the requirements to keep an AKC registered kennel name if I apply to register one. I refuse to produce that many pups just so I have rights to a name that no one else can use.

Meet one of the following breeding requirements:
1. Bred at least 5 registered litters in the past 5 years;
(I haven't produced 5 litters in my 23+ yrs with the breed let alone the past 5 yrs)

2. Owned stud dogs that have produced at least 40 registered litters in the past 10 years. (think about this one... an average litter of 8 x 40.. 320 pups (or more) needing responsible homes)

3. A breeder, who has bred at least one AKC registered litter, may be granted a registered kennel name on a five-year provisional basis. The breeding requirements above must be met during the five-year period to be eligible to renew the registered kennel name.

So basically, if I am granted the rights to a specific kennel name, I must produce at least 5 litters in 5 yrs or I cannot renew my rights to that particular kennel name.
No thanks.

wow panama, i had no idea that was the requirements for kennel name. ... wow... lol, i really had no idea... so even in a bad economy, gawd... i agree, weird to have litter MINIMUMS

People can have kennels and kennel names, the AKC just won't reserve that prefix or suffix until the above conditions are met.

So if you do this:

3. A breeder, who has bred at least one AKC registered litter, may be granted a registered kennel name on a five-year provisional basis. The breeding requirements above must be met during the five-year period to be eligible to renew the registered kennel name.

You can have a name thats all you need to do?? Wouldnt more people have registered names then ? Is that really all you have to do?

Many of the questions are answered from people with neutered dogs. Did you use to breed dobermans?

This confuses me....why do you think someone with a neutered dog can't answer a question in this forum? Do we have to have bred dogs to answer questions? If it's something I know nothing about, I don't post or I simply give my opinion. But there are a lot of questions posted here that are just looking for each individuals experience with something. In that respect, there's a lot to be gained from so many people.

So if you do this:

You can have a name thats all you need to do?? Wouldnt more people have registered names then ? Is that really all you have to do?

If you do not produce 5 litters within that 5 yr period, you lose the protection rights to that kennel name as it will not be renewable. So a name you've chosen to pay to protect...you fail to meet the requirement...someone else can now use it.

easy fix around that is to simply TM your kennel name. and let the AKC try to give it to somebody else. ;)

I was wondering who on the forum is a breeder of dobermans? Why aren't the real names or kennels listed.

I don't understand why it's so important to know peoples real names on a forum about dobermans. Although some of us use them, what's that got to do with anything? Are you simply looking to buy a dobe Lorrie? Just curious.

This confuses me....why do you think someone with a neutered dog can't answer a question in this forum? Do we have to have bred dogs to answer questions? If it's something I know nothing about, I don't post or I simply give my opinion. But there are a lot of questions posted here that are just looking for each individuals experience with something. In that respect, there's a lot to be gained from so many people.

I agree with you MyBuddy. This is not an advertising site. This is a place to come and get information on all aspects of raising dobes, whether they are our pets or show dogs. I'm at loss as to why the OP would think that only a breeder would have answers to questions about the breed. The actual owners of these dobes are the ones 'out in the field' every single day working with and observing the consequences of the breeding process and would be just as qualified, if not more so, to supply answers to real life questions regarding our beloved dobermans than a person who simply breeds them and moves on to the next litter. Which is not to say that if it weren't for all the dedicated breeders we wouldn't be here in the first place.:)

This is not an advertising site.

And questions can be answered from people with neutered dogs. :)

These are just some thoughts on having a registered kennel name. Most counties have a DBA (Doing Bussiness As) you can get for around $15.00. And you could hire a lawyer and incorporate for under a thousand dollars, I believe. And I think most cities and counties require you to purchase a kennel license form them in order to have a certain number of dogs on the premises anyway. I quite frankly think if your dobes are AKC registered, any of those options, as well as the one Von mentioned would suffice. I mean the dobes are yours and already registered, they can't give out that number to anyone else can they?

Oh NO! I KNEW it! I just knew it.....MAD, MAD, MAD! I don't get it, what's the attraction, Becky? Why not just be adult about it and join a NORMAL conversation? How old are you anyway?? I'm getting tired of saying this, but must repeat....get a life.

Oh NO! I KNEW it! I just knew it.....MAD, MAD, MAD! I don't get it, what's the attraction, Becky? Why not just be adult about it and join a NORMAL conversation? How old are you anyway?? I'm getting tired of saying this, but must repeat....get a life.

same thing crossed my mind.....

Back