• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

"White Doberman" breeders

Not only are they breeding for albino, but they are breeding dogs that have vWD carrier status.
Only a big deal if they are bred to other carriers or or infected dogs. Not making excuses for these people. They know what they are doing is wrong. Unfortunately they don't seem to care. I suspect greed has something to do with it, in my opinion. Sadly even The exposure they get from this thread alone will generate interest and possibly even a sale or two. Most times even the people buying these dogs know better but don't care.

I get that, but looks and health tie in together. I can't stand how english bull dogs have been bred to look, causing awful health and temperment issues.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but how can breeders start working in healthier genes? Perhaps this was a myth I was a fed when I mindlessly believed incorrect information (like neutering young), but aren't all pure breds inbred? Isn't that how they came to become 'pure'?

LINEBREEDING: Line breeding is the concentration of valuable characteristics. It allows some control over “families”. This method requires one of the selected parents having one or more common ancestors in the pedigree in the last several (5-6) generations. These ancestors themselves may be a successful line-breeding of outstanding individuals. Use only healthy individuals or the program will meet with disaster.

Health, fertility, temperament, type, is imperative because compromises negatively affect your future breeding program and will require further elimination.

INBREEDING: Once reaching the pinnacle of desired virtues, INBREED. This “sets” breed type and defines a certain “look”. You will “reap what you sow. Inbreeding results in “the best of the best” and “the worst of the worst”. This is what makes a breeder! This risk is not for the faint of heart. If things go “south”, take responsibility for the results and act accordingly. TO PUT IT IN A NUTSHELL:

OUTCROSSING introduces new traits for definite improvement. Our biggest failing is “throwing the baby out with the bathwater”.

LINEBREEDING
creates and establishes a pedigree which in degrees, incorporates and produces specific traits on a continuous basis. If a good female results from a breeding, she can be bred back to her grandsire for consistency of type reflecting the sire’s side.

INBREEDING
sets type and simplifies goals. Inbreeding consists of mother to son, father to daughter, brother to sister, etc. Strengthening desirable dominants as well as hidden recessive, the breeder must recognize and correct once again through out crossing...

Breeders must always be aware of hidden genetic positive and negative effects. A breeding made from paper study alone is like an arranged marriage-it may be consummated, but there is small chance for success”.

Successful breeders “arrive” through heartbreak, tears, and hard work. They achieve desired results by eliminating animals that do not reflect their goals. These animals are called “pets”. The standard IS our blueprint, although too often, personal opinion takes precedence.

So even a Z factor black and tan could throw an albino?

Is it possible to produce an albino with unrelated parents?

And what is actually 'wrong' with this?
Knowingly breeding animals prone to light sensitivity,eye issues,skin cancer,Vwd,etc.
The bigger question is what is right with this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back