Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

When to stop posting ears?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by princethedobie, Sep 2, 2019.

1. princethedobie

princethedobie New Member

1A48B409-03F2-4E78-9291-AF16ABBB39AD.jpeg 83848374-BB1A-44B3-8A6B-AE6BD1A0BF71.jpeg 9D7978EA-B5F3-4A53-A023-074AF07157BE.jpeg i have a Doberman puppy who just turned 5 months in the 25th of August. I’ve been posting his ears since he was 3 months old but he got them cropped at around 2 months.

As far as I’ve seen they’ve stood for four days and then I posted them because I’m worried that they’ll fall.

How long do you think I should keep posting? Any advice helps!

Thanks

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They're looking fantastic! That's a really long crop so I'd keep going until he's through teething or at least 6 months. Right now is the time many people want to stop but this is the time period when many ears can and will fail since they're putting so much into teething.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I would heed JanS advice....lots of temptation to stop posting here but it’s not worth it.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree post at least through teething. About 20 years ago I quit posting around 5 months and our dog had one ear flop. We never could get it to stand so he always had one up and one down. Kicked myself for not continuing and keeping them posted during teething.

• Agree Agree x 1