When to remove cup ?

Xena pup

First day on forum. First time dobe owner. Xena is 8 days in with ear cropping. Stitches look fully healed. Foam cup is still attached. How do we remove it without hurting her?

Leave it on until the stitches are removed. I would recommend that if she's going to a vet for suture removal and they didn't do the crop, tell them you just want the stitches removed and YOU will take the cup off. Use uinsolve to loosen the adhesive. If it's stuck a little, go in the direction of the hair. You can slide a q-tip with unisolve on it between the ear and the cup and work from the bottom UPWARD.

Leave it on until the stitches are removed. I would recommend that if she's going to a vet for suture removal and they didn't do the crop, tell them you just want the stitches removed and YOU will take the cup off. Use uinsolve to loosen the adhesive. If it's stuck a little, go in the direction of the hair. You can slide a q-tip with unisolve on it between the ear and the cup and work from the bottom UPWARD.
I just had my Doby‘s ears done, she is nine weeks old they did the cup method and she has taken the little bonnet sock off the cup destroyed the cup three days after ! what do I do she is beyond frustrated!

Thanks for the help! Tonight our breeder suggested we use a medical cleaning solution (we picked up at her last vet appt) mixed with heated water. We soaked her ears with cotton balls and started peeling the tape slowly. Lots of treats later.... Tape is almost off and cups fell away easily. Our girl is a very happy camper! Ears look great. Vet told us to cut some of the stitches as they started digging into her ears. She gets posted on the 24th to give her ears time to fully heal up and grow missing hair back.

I just had my Doby‘s ears done, she is nine weeks old they did the cup method and she has taken the little bonnet sock off the cup destroyed the cup three days after ! what do I do she is beyond frustrated!
We got a plastic cone from Petco to protect from any scratching. It worked very well. She wore that all day everyday unless we were cleaning her ears.

She has the inflatable tube and knows how to get it off with her feet
Try the plastic one. It works wonders. We always had pits in the past that had ear infections from floppy ears. They don't like it but get used to it quickly.

Back