Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

When Did Your Doberman Stop Growing?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by MelonJ, Jan 27, 2020.

1. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

Morning all! We measured DeSoto yesterday and it got me thinking... When did your in-tact Doberman stop growing taller?

DeSoto will be 8mo on the 10th of Feb. He is currently 28.5” at the withers. I honestly didn’t expect him to be so tall so fast lol, but I’m hoping we’re nearing the end of his height growth. His dam is 29”, and his sire is 28”.

Photos for funsies bc we had a beautiful 60° morning at the park yesterday and I couldn’t help it lol:
    DF8CAAD3-FC11-46CF-B940-12994EFE665E.jpeg 64AABAD6-80F8-44CB-84C9-DBBFD89C9097.jpeg 9C20DCBE-E8D1-4ACD-957B-4F0AD70D9DA6.jpeg 02B2E599-C6B9-4A32-B9AA-DCA867EB8CD6.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

WOW is Dam was 29” tall, that is quite a bit out of standard. Your bit will probably be pretty big. Height is usually finished by around a year of age. They do put on more size weight wise over the next couple until around 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

Lordy, I hope I’m remembering dam height wrong then, LOL! Will have to double check definitively, but I know she is taller than female standard for sure.

4. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

Ok, boy was I off. Must’ve been looking at it upside down. :rofl:

She is 26.5” at the withers.

Thanks for making me recheck that LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Mine hit their height limit around a year old. My male has been filling out with each year. He has a lot of muscle compared to my female but they get a LOT of physical activity.
    Unfortunately my female is a bit out of standard for females. My male is 28” but his weight is increasing. About 16-18 mo ago he stayed right around the 82-85 mark. Now he is 88 to 89lbs of muscled brute force. He does not know the meaning of going around something. He just bulldozes through it or over it. My female has much more finesse and grace about her. If Bogie is trying to plow her over when playing she will just jump over him. She is very agile.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I thought Kaiser reached full height around 10 months but he grew another half inch after I stopped checking and I was surprised to discover it, so it’s a good idea to continue to measure them because it is true when they say the dog will “fill out” over time. I thought he was pretty “full” looking at 2, but it seems like his fully muscled body just slowly developed between 2 and 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Echo topped out at 26 1/2" at about 11 months and Joker was more between 12-15 months and he ended up at 28 3/4"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Echo and Joker are absolutely beautiful Dobermans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think Della was done growing height wise by the time she was 9 or 10 months but she did fill out a bit more after that.

Albert's height pretty much leveled off before a year but he filled out until he was between 3 and 4 years old.

DeSoto is a handsome boy and his ears look great!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1