1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

What's right? What bugs you?

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Miller Dobes, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Miller Dobes

Miller Dobes Novitiate

I went through a lot of views in finally selecting my rescue dobie. I wonder what your views are and what bugs you. What's right?

I guess the problem is we as dog lovers don't agree. For examples:

Some breeders think all dobies should be finished to breed.
    Some breeders health test, some could care less.
    Some breeders breed Z factored dogs, others wouldn't EVER.
    Some breeders keep dogs in kennels, some live in the houses.
    Some breeders think you should make money on your dogs-some don't.
    Some push rescues, some prefer BYB
    Some breed quality (champions), others breed inferior.
    Some give heartworm meds, some don't.
    Some plan breedings, some have accidents.
    Some rescue, others horde.
    Some do performance events, some sit in cages.
    Some housetrain, some left leave in dirty cages or runs.
    Some know the standard, others make their own.
    Some show their dogs, others show their behinds.
    Some prefer Euro, some American lines.
    Some deceive buyers, some are honest.
    Some fixed their dogs, others don't.
    Some sell limited, some sell full.
    Some advertise, some promote with deceit.
    Some have many breeds, others have one.

I mean what's right? What bugs you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

What's right?
    While there is no set "right" in any discussion like this - there are only preferences and at the end of the day - you have to answer to yourself - did I do the right thing, did I make the right decision - did my actions hurt someone or something?

I guess the problem is we as dog lovers don't agree. For examples:

Some breeders think all dobies should be finished to breed.
    While this is admirable - there have been more dogs that weren't finished - especially bitches that produced some really extraordinary show dogs, so no.
    Some breeders health test, some could care less.
    Health testing is a must. Not for the sake of the new owners - but for the health and longevity of the breed - any breed.
    Some breeders breed Z factored dogs, others wouldn't EVER.
    I'm really on the fence with this one, I don't think enough studies have been done or research done to count out the z factored dogs.
    Some breeders keep dogs in kennels, some live in the houses.
    While kennel time - playing outside is beneficial - I don't think dogs should spend 100 % of their time in a kennel. All dogs do better when they are around people and cared for in a home situation.
    Some breeders think you should make money on your dogs-some don't.
    ALL breeders make money - some just make more than others because they have better write offs. THE ONLY way a breeder makes NOTHING..is to give ALL the puppies away. This just doesn't happen. This is a lie that I'm tired of seeing passed around.
    Some push rescues, some prefer BYB
    Again, what is the difference? Location? Price?
    Some breed quality (champions), others breed inferior.
    This is again, a matter of opinion. I have seen people showing and breeding dogs that in my opinion shouldn't be - they are breeding inferior dogs.
    Some give heartworm meds, some don't.
    Wow - this is just dumb. LOL I live in an area where there is no heartworm and I still give meds for this. The prevention is so cheap - so easy to do and why risk your dogs health and not do this? This is a no brainer...Some plan breedings, some have accidents.
    Life happens to everyone. Males will walk through fire to breed...

Some rescue, others horde.
    One is well meaning and the other is a mental condition... LOL
    Some do performance events, some sit in cages.
    Again, it's not necessary for all dogs to do performance, but not all dogs that don't do performance are regulated to crates. Show dogs are often crated quite a bit.
    Some housetrain, some left leave in dirty cages or runs.
    The difference between a good home or not.
    Some know the standard, others make their own.
    The Standard is a guideline - and really open to interpretation. It again depends on what your reading comprehension is.
    Some show their dogs, others show their behinds.
    Any large group of people and you will have this - not only in dogs. Horse people are worse.
    Some prefer Euro, some American lines.
    Again, preferences and what they want in the dog that "they" are spending money on.
    Some deceive buyers, some are honest.
    You can deceive people - but in the end, they find out and it costs you more in the long run. Life is like that - in everything. Look at Wall street - for a really good example of what lying and greed can do.
    Some fixed their dogs, others don't.
    And that is okay - isn't it?
    Some sell limited, some sell full.
    Again, what they feel comfortable with -
    Some advertise, some promote with deceit.
    Comes under the other question of why anyone lies and deceives...
    Some have many breeds, others have one.
    Well - I have three breeds currently - and love each one for each of their qualities. Having more than one breed does not readily designate anyone as a puppy mill.

3. Miller Dobes

Miller Dobes Novitiate

It's ok with me. Lol

4. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

TOO MANY QUESTIONS hahahahhaha! over all I do what I think feels right. good or bad in the eyes of others........it is my choice and I will live with it.

5. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

LOL Kind of a quiz wasn't it? LOL

6. FredC

FredC Guest

Great Post cant wait to give you my .2 cents on this one unfortunatly i barely have a spare minute to read the board let alone participate these days.

7. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

It's ok Von, we ndestand. Man take care ofyour business and hurry back to us. :D

Knew hdr would let you out of the basement sooner or later. lmaoooo

8. deladobies

deladobies Member

he's still in the basement, thats why he cant talk... only so much net time..lol

9. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

what... how else you expect me to beat him in posts...LOL

10. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

hdr you have to let Von out to play, we miss him. You have more posts now, please can Von come out to play??

lmaoooooooooo rofl lmaooooooooo