1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

What to feed help

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Jaxsonsma, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Jaxsonsma

Jaxsonsma Novitiate

Hello, new to this site. Our guy is 5 and has all kinds of allergies. Seasons, food and dust mites. He has been on taste of the wild, purina proplan sensitive and stomach, two others I can not remember which two and currently on acana fish grain free. Acana is the only one he does well on. Still has the itchy skin but not like he did when on the other foods. He every so often has an upset stomach last night one of the night he threw up 3 times. Vet told me to give him rice and a bit of pumpkin. So far so good. But I would like to raw feed and give him the best we can. Where do I start? Chicken and beef he does not do good on. Is there a good raw feed I can try him on or should I make it myself? I just don’t want to mess this up. I also give him sardines. Thank you 99146464-2330-475C-94DC-980113964965.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

If you want to DIY then have a good read of this article...

Raw Feeding Primer: 10 Simple Rules To Get Started

I live in the UK so I can’t recommend a good quality pre-made. If you research and find yourself a good pre-made it takes all the guess work out of it. Plus it will give you time to do lots of research and reading.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Primal is a high quality premade raw. I fed their venison to my Doberman one winter and it led to very small poops so I was very impressed. Buying in bulk makes the premade raw diet more cost effective and I agree it’s an easy way to bridge the gap toward doing it yourself which will always be the cheaper way to go. We got Kaiser his own freezer so that helps too.