Weekend Clinic - with Christian Gomez

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
I had a great learning experience this past weekend with Christian Gomez and the Endeavor Working Dog Club near Los Alamos, NM. Great people, felt welcomed to the group, we had two sessions each day, one in obedience and one in protection. Christian adjusted easily for each dogs needs and was SO intuitive toward the dogs and what they needed more of or less of. I probably had the least experienced dog and he adjusted her work and handling accordingly. I learned so much and have new training ideas to work with, especially in obedience. Asha learned plenty, including being in the crate all day, the Honda had both sliding doors open plus the back hatch, and a freaking Softball tournament was going on in the next field, all the softball players & fans parking in the same shady lot as the working dogs. People coming and going, cheers and shouts on one end, dogs barking on the other... she should have been experiencing this a year ago, but it is what it is. She did great, I'm so proud of her. Below, some work with 2 lines to help the dog differentiate between prey and defense. I also learned tons by watching other teams work. And Christian said, "this is a nice f***ing bitch" - which is the biggest compliment I could take home with me. (photo credit to Maryna Ozuna)

fullsizeoutput_35b.jpegfullsizeoutput_359.jpegfullsizeoutput_358.jpeg

jazzies mum

Hot Topics Subscriber
Looks like Asha is showing her stuff out there! It must make you proud to have such a great opinion from a knowledgeable trainer. :thumbsup:

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Awesome stuff all around! Great compliment and loads of new knowledge to take home. I bet you're excited to get to working on everything! I love that feeling!

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
Looks like Asha is showing her stuff out there! It must make you proud to have such a great opinion from a knowledgeable trainer
I really wasn't expecting much from Asha, just her normal stuff, but this guy was a perfect balance of criticism and compliment. LOL, the critique was mostly on me, which of course I needed to hear. It's how we learn!

Awesome stuff all around! Great compliment and loads of new knowledge to take home. I bet you're excited to get to working on everything! I love that feeling!
I am excited to work on it! I'm still hungry for more. Since most everyone was beyond me & Asha, most of the work I saw doesn't apply to us at this stage, so theres that...but yeah, putting what I learned into practice!

I love this!:thumbsup:!! how fun for you and Asha, even more so as it sounds she has IT
Yes!!!

Nice! A good helper should be able to read each dog and adjust to get the most out of them
Exactly!