• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

We started raw feeding! YAY

I'm just trying to think of creative ways to keep cost down. And if I can use a variety of wild animals that otherwise get thrown out, seems like a win-win. My mom and stepdad have issues with rabbits, raccoons and groundhogs so my step dad shoots them and tosses them. I know it wouldn't be an issue to have him keep them. I'd just have to clean and gut. No one I know boar hunts so that's easy enough to avoid. I always freeze meat for a while regardless, my freezers are interesting places lol I have rats for the snake amongst deer bones for the dogs. Back when I owned a lot of snakes, we had rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, rats, mice, etc in our freezer. Needless to say - I don't let guests open my freezer haha

Awesome I will be on it also. Fri I hope to be on it. Sat morning I wont be on it. Coming back from The Global Pet Show in Orlando. Didn't know Frontier doesn't have Wi-Fi on their planes!!!!!!!!!! WTH!!! In the afternoon I will be and Sun. Will shout out to you.

Really strange question - what about coyote? My mom has one that is getting a bit too brave so she's going to let my stepdad shoot it. Me, being silly, really hates to see it go to waste. But would it be too big of a risk of possibly transmitting diseases since it's a canine?

I don't let guests open my freezer haha
I loaded up my client's freezer with different sized rats for the snake. His girlfriend lost it when she saw what was in there. Evidently he hasn't let her in his office where the snake is because she freaked out when I said it was for his snakes that lives 'free roam' in his office.
I guess I am going to hell for getting so much joy out of terrorizing this woman.:whistle:

I loaded up my client's freezer with different sized rats for the snake. His girlfriend lost it when she saw what was in there. Evidently he hasn't let her in his office where the snake is because she freaked out when I said it was for his snakes that lives 'free roam' in his office.
I guess I am going to hell for getting so much joy out of terrorizing this woman.:whistle:

I really never thought about how strange it was until a friend told me about a girl he brought home opening his freezer. I'm like "what, you mean most people don't have rats and mice next to their ice cream?!"

One thing that I will NEVER forget - we had a "pet" fox. I had brought home feeders to kill and freeze. Well, a mouse got loose and stupidly ran into the fixes crate. Man are foxes quick! He pounced that thing before I was even sure it was the mouse!

@strykerdobe have you seen the new study that has been released on high meat diets put out by a New Zealand Dog Diet study?

The study actually has been done on dogs that eat raw and ones that eat kibble. Most studies have been done on humans and mice and how they digest food and they just assumed it was the same with dogs. Not so says this study. A dogs digestive tract was not designed to break down and use carbohydrates, it has show the dogs naturally produce a bacteria that allows them to process high meat foods and creates better health.

:spit: I love it! :D

Raw feeders can relate!
18010303_10212476209523373_1301546442403984506_n.jpg

Me too! lol!! I know all the benefits of feeding raw and I congratulate all that can do it! I just can't. :( My sister did it and it grossed me out watching her! :spit: I have a hard enough time doing my own meals! :) But add in hearts, duck heads and feet and omg. It's like riding a roller coaster.....looks like fun, but I just can't do it. :anonymous :
I spent years trying to reduce my hb's intake of meat, and then came Kaiser haha, so now the meat sanctions must end. And all the weirdo meats (anything that still has its face!) needs to be consumed in my absence only! I would flip if I saw a duck head!

@Drogon I joined a co-op to get good prices...The ground comes in 2 to 5 lb chubs. But the whole meats come in cases frozen and you have to separate it yourself.
Btw, I was at Costco the other day and guess what they had? Frozen Lamb from New Zealand! It was a 250 lb piece and selling for $150.

Back