Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Watching Scary Shows With Your Doberman

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Tropicalbri's, May 15, 2019.

1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This weekend I was watching a tv channel titled Old Haunted Hospitals. It had the eerie music and spooky sounds. Both pups were in bed with me watching it and several times their hair stood up and they growled as the kept their eye on the tv screen. Bacall got spooked and jumped over on me. Bogie was sucked up on my other side. My hubs walked in and busted out laughing at the three of us wide eyed watching the program. I think it was the spooky sounds and music that got them going.
    Has this happened with any of your Dobies?

• Funny Funny x 10
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh no, not here. I’m a big wuss and can’t handle scary :bag:

When I was a child I watched ‘Jaws’ with 3D glasses. I’m scarred for life. I know it’s just a big rubber ducky but I just can’t watch it. That bloody music...Duunnn dunn..... Duuuunnnn dunn....dun...dun....:ninja:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Thats hilarious! I find that Jasper keeps an eye on the tv screen. It is the figures on the screen that will get hime going. I remember throwing in an Xbox game where the main character is a man (Red Dead Redemption) as soon as Jasper noticed a large cowboy-like figure on the screen he flew off the couch, hackles up and literally checked all the nearby rooms to find this man XD

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I love scary movies, as soon as the girls here the music they jump on me and start growling and complaining! Hubby doesn't understand why I don't have nightmares, but the girls will be grumbling in their sleep after a binge on those kind of movies!

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Tropicalbri's

I love it!!
    I really like scary movies too as long as the pups are with me.:D
    I don’t get nightmares from watching them either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

This is so interesting! Do you think they are responding to the scary music or to the images or to your own mood while watching? We watched a non-horror movie where there were several scenes of a man behind bars and Kaiser would look at the screen during those moments. We speculated that maybe he thought it was like the bars of the crate?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I love scarey movies too but they don't seem to be as scarey as they used to! Jazz pretty much ignores most stuff on tv, but I happened to come across that old Disney movie Lady and the Tramp! Got hooked into watching as I was about 10 when we were taken to the cinema to see it, and most of it I didn't clearly remember but it should have scared a kid! Jazz was reacting to the dogs howling and crying at different places, but really got uptight when the old hound went baying through the streets!!! :rofl: Scent hounds and the sounds they make are totally unknown where I live. Poor Jazz thought a monster dog was coming out of the tv after her!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Buddy never reacts to the TV. Only me! :bag: and it depends on what you mean by scary movies. I don't watch movies like Freddy Krueger or the Chainsaw Massacres. I should say, I don't watch them anymore. Because I saw both of those LOL But they scared the :poop: out of me! I like psychological thrillers. Suspense. But Boogeyman and blood and gore. Nope. There's enough of that in real life LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tropicalbri's

What I have been watching are Paranormal activity and hauntings of homes, hospitals etc. on the history channel.
    My favorites are the ‘Old’ scary shows with Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, Alfred Hitchcock.
    I would love to see “The Creature of The Black Lagoon” again. The old Dracula movies. I don’t care for the newer ones like Freddy Kruger or Halloween flicks.
    You just can’t beat the old movies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I don't watch slasher movies, I like old movies and thrillers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

i do like creepy scary movies! BUT the one movie i have never to this day been able to watch from start to finish is !!!! PET SEMATARY

12. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

^^ when I went to the cinema to watch the new avengers film the booklet showed snippets of the new Pet Cemetery film that’s been released. Think I’ll pass :bag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

In my late teens I went to the drive in with my boyfriend but we hadn't checked what was actually on. (what's on the screen is secondary at that age! :woot2:) One of the movies was "Night of the living dead", and I actually got totally sucked into it and had to look away from the screen on a couple of occasions! Then when I rewatched it many years later it was soooooooooooooo corny. Another good one from long ago was Exorcist.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tropicalbri's

That show was freaky!!
    I remember watching Rosemary’s Baby (Mia Farrow) when I was in college and that one freaked me out too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I was with my boyfriend too. He turned out to be my husband! ;) But I'll never forget going there and we saw The Exorcist. Oh dear God. That's show freaked the hell out of me! I had him turn the sound down. It was the only way I would stay! To this day I don't think I've seen the whole thing. I don't think I've seen Pet Sematary either. Rosemary's Baby freaked the hell out of me too. Nightmare on Elm Street was one of the scariest new horror movies to me!:bag: I think I stopped watching them after that. I've seen bits and pieces of some horrible movies. Horrible as in what they're doing on the screen. And I always wonder, what kind of mind thinks this stuff up? :sick:

Now, this I'll watch! :thumbsup2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tropicalbri's

I think it’s all of the above. Lol
    Getting ready for another evening of hauntings.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

More of a creepy scene here, but the blinds appear like crate bars. The actor is viewing a body meant for a closed-casket funeral.

96380690-A57D-4E14-9D02-35BE95E3BF74.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh that one scared me more than any other I've ever seen. I think I had to sleep on the couch closer to my parents for weeks because I didn't want to be alone in my room.... LOL
    I went and saw it in the theater with some high school friends and everyone in the place walked out looking every direction when the movie was over.

• Funny Funny x 2