1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

War Dogs Of The Pacific

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by FASS, Mar 5, 2014.

1. FASS

FASS Hot Topics Subscriber

I searched around the forum a bit, but found no mention made of one of my favorite movies. War Dogs Of the Pacific details the USMC's use of dogs during WWII. The movie covers numerous breeds of dogs used by the Marine Corps, particularly the Dobermann! At about 45 minutes its not too long and is in my opinion a wonderful tribute to the breed!

View: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xogp5n_war-dogs-of-the-pacific_shortfilms

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

Great Addition.. And possibly the the first Dailymotion video I've seen embedded here.

I stripped the embed code out of your post as only the video URL is necessary.

• Like Like x 3
  3. gettinggreyer

gettinggreyer Hot Topics Subscriber

Very good film!!! Worth your time.

Tears came to my eye's a bunch of times. The dogs watching so the guys could sleep, Skipper getting shot and the guy said he went nuts; "Should of not killed my dog". Just even seeing the guys share their C-rations.
    I know from being military that when your out there, even just on war games your starving. C-rations barely cover your appetite, you share with no one, maybe trade but share no. Giving it to the dogs (to me anyways) was impressive.
    So much struck me in the film, I have to say it's my new favorite. Gotta have all the kids see it!

• Like Like x 3
  4. agift4me

agift4me Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, what a great tribute to those War Dogs and their Marines ... it was very humbling to me to see how they all had to live and survive during combat ... nothing came easy to them, not even rest. I love and have lots of respect for my Veterans; both human and K-9.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I've wanted to see this for a while now. Thank you for sharing!

6. Thank you for sharing...I had to forward this over to my spouse and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

7. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Hot Topics Subscriber

wow what a great video... brought tears to my eyes when the trainer died & the dobe still protected him. So touching... sharing this.

8. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 1