• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Walmart Meds

FYI... SMART PHONES AND DC ROCK!!! I was at vet yesterday, vet wanted to give me some antibiotic, i asked for paper prescription... and as she was trying ot think of what walmart carried, i brought up this page, she looked thru them, and picked one out... $4 baby!!

first, thank you for all the work on the post. Second, and VERY important please read and check your prescription, we were given someone elses script at Walmart and when we returned they tried to give us a hard time and charge us again to pick up the right one. Can happen every where so please READ the label.

Great point Timdon. I've heard of this happening before in human meds with dire results, so we can't be too careful.

Glad it worked out so well for you hrd! I actually showed this list to a retired co-worker and he was very grateful to have found it for himself and printed it out.

yeah i should have the list with me and give it to my vet today. Logan has a yeast infection in his ear and i just paid $108 for his meds "sigh"

yeah i should have the list with me and give it to my vet today. Logan has a yeast infection in his ear and i just paid $108 for his meds "sigh"
UGH!
Glad it worked out for you hrd! :)
Second, and VERY important please read and check your prescription, we were given someone elses script at Walmart and when we returned they tried to give us a hard time and charge us again to pick up the right one. Can happen every where so please READ the label.
YES! Thank you, we had a thread on here once about that so it's very important to READ the label! And I can't believe they gave you a hard time and wanted to charge you AGAIN! :stomp::stomp::stomp: I would have been livid! (I'm mad now just reading that!! LOL )

My wife and I get our meds at Walmart but I didn't even think about drugs for animals.

Cya

Some months ago I paid 5 dollars for senior vitamins ... here in Mexico the cost is around 35 dlls for the SAME vitamins.. God bless walmart .. :D

Some months ago I paid 5 dollars for senior vitamins ... here in Mexico the cost is around 35 dlls for the SAME vitamins.. God bless walmart .. :D
Really? I thought the meds were way cheaper in Mexico and Canada. I know lots of people who live near either border who will cross just to get their meds cheaper, even though I personally wouldn't do it. Interesting.

Really? I thought the meds were way cheaper in Mexico and Canada. I know lots of people who live near either border who will cross just to get their meds cheaper, even though I personally wouldn't do it. Interesting.
Yes most of the medicines are way cheaper in Mexico... but the price of the things for pets tend to be more expensive :C

I don't know the exact details of it, but I just got an ad from our local Winn Dixie and they are advertising "our pharmacy takes care of the whole family" bring in your pets prescriptions. I doubt they will be for $4., but this is news to me.

It seems that all of them are selling pet meds now. I picked up my prescription last week and they threw a flyer in the bag saying they will now fill your pets prescription now too. But your right, you won't get the $4 prescriptions like you can at Wal-Mart.

I could only be as luck as some of you. Love my vet, but not to sure about getting a written prescription. I've asked about price matching and that didn't go over well. Maybe if I push the issue and point out that 5 of my 8 babies (the birds go to an avian vet) go to her she'd reconsider, especially w/ my vet costs.

I think by law they have to give you a prescription if you ask. They might get mad, but it darn well better not affect the care they give your pets.

Having a bad connection with the vet is the only thing that would concern me. But I really wouldn't imagine her offering bad treatment.

We have spent a lot at the vet for prescripions and one day the receptioist we know said try walmart, there cheaper at 4.00 for a lot of meds, she said just ask the vet for a script and we did, my wife went to wallmart and $34.00 at the vet was only $4.00 at wally world, wow what a savings, any way if we need a script we ask the vet for one and tell him we dont have the money on us then go to wallyworld, then if we cant get it there we go back to the vet if we have the money.
We check a few different pharmacies as some have 4.00 scripts that others dont so check a little bit, might save $$$.
We get a couple of our scripts at wallywork for cheap cuz we dont have insurance for that, poppabill

Walmart pharmacy is great for Rx but they also have a great little section in the pharmacy for a really good variety of OTC meds and assorted items all for less than $1. It includes the anti-diarrhea, generic benadryl, aspirins, inbuprofens, all kinds of salves, etc. Also, www.inhousepharmacy.biz is a good pharmacy where you can get all kinds of pet and people meds (no drugs of abuse)-reasonable, no prescription needed and free shipping. Being in AK, I get hit with unbelievable shipping charges like $35 to ship a tiny bottle.

I'm not advocating self-medicating or self-vetting your dogs but I use it for the meds my dogs need long term. It's saved me a bundle over the years.

Thank really you posting all of the medication! I found it helpful as my boy Maks is on three right now and they are costing me a fortune at my vet!

Does anyone know where they carry Vetmedin other than the vet? I'm in Ontario, Canada, in the Greater Toronto Area!

Back