Virtual Rally

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Anyone plan to do virtual rally or have done virtual rally? Its been extended until Dec 31 2021. You can do all the way up to Rally Excellent at home/your local rent a ring/training center and submit your entries in virtually to earn a title! I personally think its a great idea, especially for the novice levels. I know trials can be hard to come by with the pandemic for some, and some that may live far away trials are even harder to come by, plus it relieves the pressure of trial nerves and lets novices get a taste of what its like. This is a great way to get out there and train and have fun with your dog! The nice thing about Rally is you can talk to your dog as much as you want.

Example of a course... I know a lot of members here could do this. ;)

Untitled.png

Doberman Gang

Hot Topics Subscriber
Yes, I was actually setting up courses at the training building so people could come and do their run thru and videos. My wife did Rally Novice with Picasso abs fit his title.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
I haven't looked lately, but last fall when I was thinking about this, it seems I read that virtual titles didn't replace "real competition titles", so even if you passed novice virtually, you'd have to start back at novice if you went to a show. Is that true? It's very Do-able, for just about anyone!

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I haven't looked lately, but last fall when I was thinking about this, it seems I read that virtual titles didn't replace "real competition titles", so even if you passed novice virtually, you'd have to start back at novice if you went to a show. Is that true? It's very Do-able, for just about anyone!
They are the exact same title. Obedience titles on the other hand are different because of the stand for exam and group down sit stays, so they are marked as a different title. While some have argued about this most everyone is positively receptive. Dog sports are dying so really this is a huge boost. One could argue that trials are harder but then they can trial indoors with perfect conditions or even trial at their club where their dog is used to the location vs at home there are many other distractions to think about like wildlife, dogs , neighbors and the judge can be much more critical and catch every mistake (since they can go back). I think they are both fair, people could nitpick each until they get sick when it should be about having fun with your dog! Though a good idea is to title in Novice then continue in Novice B in person. Or don't move beyond intermediate since that is when the leash comes off as that could be a big jump for your dog to adjust to in a trial setting.

"The qualifying scores and titles earned virtually are the same as those earned at in-person events. You may earn a title by qualifying at either or both types of events. The RAE class is not offered in this virtual pilot program and therefore, virtual classes cannot be used to earn the RAE title where double Qs at the same event are required."

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
Yes, I was actually setting up courses at the training building so people could come and do their run thru and videos. My wife did Rally Novice with Picasso abs fit his title.
Awesome!! I have the space and we dipped our toes into it at class so now that Ripley is done with her CGC just looking for the next goal to work on and do something with her. This seems perfect to keep our minds and bodies moving. I follow a rally group and have been watching all sorts of entries. It looks fun even if daunting a little so trying to chew on it and talk about it to work ourselves up to giving it a shot! That's a great idea to set it up for people so they can show up and go!

Doberman Gang

Hot Topics Subscriber
Awesome!! I have the space and we dipped our toes into it at class so now that Ripley is done with her CGC just looking for the next goal to work on and do something with her. This seems perfect to keep our minds and bodies moving. I follow a rally group and have been watching all sorts of entries. It looks fun even if daunting a little so trying to chew on it and talk about it to work ourselves up to giving it a shot! That's a great idea to set it up for people so they can show up and go!
I had quite a few of my clients asking about doing a virtual rally night so we tried one and it was a success so we just made it a once a week thing. I would set up a different course each week and then let everyone know the course for the next week, that way they could study the course before hand. We have been talking about starting it up with advanced courses this spring.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
They are the exact same title. Obedience titles on the other hand are different because of the stand for exam and group down sit stays, so they are marked as a different title.
Ah, I was probably thinking about Obedience, since that was the class I was taking. Thanks for clarifying.