Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Vinnie made a friend!

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by Vinnie's Mom, May 24, 2019.

1. Vinnie's Mom

Vinnie's Mom New Member

So I enrolled Vinnie in a day care once a week. He gets 8 hours of supervised play, agility, swimming in an in ground pool, snack and nap time! Plus the added benefit that when we get back to the camper he is so exhausted he eats dinner and passes out lol! This place is so awesome and is affiliated with my vet and trainer. He was so bad with the other dogs first few weeks there but is finally making progress and actually made a friend! I am so proud of my little guy:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s great news. Good for Vinnie!!
    A controlled environment is so beneficial for training positive behaviors!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Friends with a standard poodle! Awesome! Sounds like a really nice place!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Jr Member

When I had my doberman back in the 90's her best bud was a white standard poodle for several years. Vinnie looks so happy here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Vinnie was just waiting for the right buddy! He looks like he is having a ton of fun!

6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm glad things are going so well and it sounds like you found a great facility!

7. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Great to see Vinnie having so much fun! A good Daycare centre is wonderful for building their confidence. If you ever have to leave him in kennels he won't find it so strange and scarey! :thumbsup:

8. Vinnie's Mom

Vinnie's Mom New Member

Actually he will need to be boarded for 4 days soon. My Vet boards and will even take him to daycare and back while there! I can't say enough about this place and the people that work there!

• Wow x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

That’s so cool!
    Standard poodles are (despite their haircuts lol) a pretty athletic dog.
    A great play mate for a Doberman.

The gal that first introduced me to the Doberman breed (a long, loooong time ago) has a Poodle now. He’s lived his (so far) 13 years with her and husband who is allergic to almost all dogs. But not Poodles.

10. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree. I grew up with poodles. If they didn't have their haircut problem LOL I might be interested in a standard poodle. But grooming was such an issue. I hated that part. They were great dogs.