Vex working last summer

Silent Dobe

Here's a little video I put together for fun. I need to get more video of this dog! Sorry for radio silence on here, I am finishing my BFA this week and will be moving back to Indiana come the end of the month. It's been crazy!

@Silent Dobe

Awesome video, as always.

Questions:
When the handler pins Vex to the wall, I see you get up and position yourself closer so you can see Vex. You do this so Vex can see you? You trying to see what Vex is doing while pinned? What’s your thought process here?

I see that you are talking during.... talking to Vex? What are you saying to him?

Vex is going, determined to stay on it, and all a sudden, you call him off and he sits next to you with a big smile on his face. How cool.

I am observing his level of comfort and body language when he is put under pressure. If he starts to show stress I come in and encourage him to continue to push forward to "stop the fight". This was the first time he did this scenario at all. I am always encouraging him to bite and to praise for a job well done during stress. We are a team and due to the nature of these scenarios and the sport I want him to think he's King Kong!:D Vex does not need to see me to hear me so the "peeking" is all for me lol

Yes he is a Silence son and he's 6 (I can't believe it, where did baby Silence go????). Thank you guys! Once the move is complete I plan on training more as things in Indiana are starting to open back up now.

He's got the heart of his dad with that extra something special from mom which makes him a whole different dog for me. His half brother, Jötunn, is JUST like Silence in personality and handling him (though a bit easier, I'd like to think I've learned from my past mistakes in training).

Yes he is a Silence son and he's 6 (I can't believe it, where did baby Silence go????). Thank you guys! Once the move is complete I plan on training more as things in Indiana are starting to open back up now.

He's got the heart of his dad with that extra something special from mom which makes him a whole different dog for me. His half brother, Jötunn, is JUST like Silence in personality and handling him (though a bit easier, I'd like to think I've learned from my past mistakes in training).
6 years? What? How??
Wow!

Apparently some of us are getting Old!:rofl:

Way back when, one of the reasons I always kept logging in to this site...Silence video updates!
Time marches on and today, we are seeing Vex. It’s an awesome journey

6 years? What? How??
Wow!

Apparently some of us are getting Old!:rofl:

Way back when, one of the reasons I always kept logging in to this site...Silence video updates!
Time marches on and today, we are seeing Vex. It’s an awesome journey

Time DOES fly! But, I promise to get more Vex video and Jotunn when I can ;)

I'd love to see more! Wishing for more conversation on Doberman Chat revolving around working, whether it's obedience or rally or agility or nose work, anything!- but especially IGP/PSA sports - but really I love to see these guys doing stuff and the training it takes to get them there! Doesn't even matter if it's not competition, just backyard training is fun to see just how far you can go! LOL can you tell I'm isolated and my puppy & I are winging it?

Back