Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Vehicle preference for your Dobie ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by C908, Jul 21, 2019.

1. C908

C908 Member

I was wondering what type of vehicle some of you are using for your Dobies to ride in ? We like to take Preacher with us whenever possible. We currently have an older Camry that I call the dog car. He has the back seat all to himself and he is attached to a safety chain. I also have a Ford Ranger Super-cab but have found it not to be dog friendly. I would never put a dog in the bed and I have found the cab to be crowded for a big dog. We have been wondering how something like the Toyota Rav would be ? I thought maybe that style of vehicle with the backseat folded down might be good. Also we have considered getting a red female, if we were to do that we would need room for two. Thanks in advance for your comments.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Member

following along so I can see suggestions!

3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

We have the Dodge Durango with the 3 row seats down. We have 2 dobies and they fit well in the back but we do not put them in crates. 2 crates would not fit the rear of the Durango. I think my breeder had the Suburban and was able to fit 2 crates side by side.

We also had the Jeep Liberty and the dobies fit well in there as well but the rear had a shorter height than the Durango.

We bring them everything as well. Princess does get stressed and will stand most of the time so I always notice the height of the back.

4. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Here’s the back of the Durango. I also like that they have their own air vents. 4ECBBE18-D009-41FF-8F52-16A60C6B6096.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

I have a Soccer Mom van. Even though we "stow-away" the seats and there is plenty of room, dogs still ride in a crate.

6. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Our preference would be this! LOL!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

I have an older Nissan Armada. With 3rd row down I could fit two crates but nothing else.

8. My Gal Gretel

My Gal Gretel Hot Topics Subscriber

I just traded my 2009 Yukon for a used expedition Max. Decided to get the longer one because the price was the same as the regular length, plus we’re all tall. Two crates fit side by side and might be able to fit one behind the other with the third row down. Still room for luggage, etc. I made sure I learned how to park it so i wouldn’t be one of those women who park over the line! :blush-alt:

My aunt and uncle who showed bull terriers always had a full sized van (the old school expedition, i think) for traveling with the dogs.

The new VW bus would be fun!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

Currently have a 2017 Tacoma that has a hammock in the back. Long trips a crate goes in the back however the back is too small. I have a current legal matter than I’m going thru, after it wraps up I will be purchasing a 2019/2020 Ford F-250 super duty crew cab.

10. ArdynBane

ArdynBane Jr Member

I have a Hyundai Elantra LOL Surprisingly not too terrible - it's decent on gas and I'm able to fit all our training equipment in the trunk and the crate in the back seat!! It gets the job done, but it would be awesome to have a bigger vehicle.

A good friend of mine has a Volvo XC60 and we were able to fit three dogs in there along with luggage and three people (Driver, two passengers)! It was a little tight, but we fit a ton of things in there and again THREE dogs, one crate for my boy. I wouldn't doubt it could fit two crates too.

One of my club members has a Toyota Sienna and he is able to fit two crates side by side too.

11. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

I have an Edge and were at max capacity when we go camping so would like something bigger at some point. :D

12. strykerdobe

We do have a Rav4

13. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

566A0BB2-4A1E-4EFD-B0C0-4DAC36474D30.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 1
  14. Atingles10

Atingles10 Member

We put a hammock in the back of our 2010 Camry. Our guy fits no problem but it's a squeeze when I add my friends 55lb lab in there with him!!

I've been researching what to get next as well so we can fit multiple dogs :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I have a Rav4 and use a hammock on the back seat with a harness and seat belt attachment. IMG_6038.JPG

She would rather travel in the old dual cab Toyota Hilux though! IMG_20190701_132713.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. C908

C908 Member

On your Rav does the backseat fold down flat ? I was thinking with the seat down it would make a nice area.

17. C908

C908 Member

Do you leave the backseat up or down when your dog is riding ?

18. C908

C908 Member

Funny to find another person using their Camry. It does actually work pretty well for just one dog. Your Camry is newer than mine, I'm just starting to think about what direction I want to go when I replace it.

19. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I have a Chevy Trailblazer and all three, 240 lbs of dog fits very comfortably with the seats down. My mom made a custom foam bed to fit for extra comfort, lets just say on road trips I wish I was the one back there (sipping margaritas)! We did two 12 hour trips to Florida and back without a hiccup. When I was vehicle shopping, ample room for dogs was naturally on the priority list.

A4B6B51B-BA72-40CF-974C-D66B61D05ABF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. strykerdobe

We do have the rear seats down. She has her crate in the back. But sometimes we are bad and let her sit up front.

• Like Like x 1