• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

UPSTATE NY....want to adopt

emerald52061

New to this forum, but would like to get the word out that I am looking to adopt/rescue. Recently lost my boy, and have plenty of room in our home and our hearts to geve another Dobe rescue a FOREVER home. I posted on the "Introduce yourself" thread......we are located in Upstate NY, about an hour west of albany

I was just out to Albany on Christmas day. Can't really help with the rescue thing other than to say keep your eyes on Petfinder and all the doberman rescues in quite a radius from your house. I don't really know their policies, but maybe it would be worth trying to get on a waiting list at a high-kill shelter?

www.ddrinc.net also adopts out to NY. There are more dogs in foster homes than listed on the website currently.... So your best bet is to submit a application with what you are looking for. Our volunteers are good at getting back to people pretty quickly. Good Luck in your search

i still say the best thing is to fill out applications at dru and ddrinc....the right one may be waiting for you there but not listed.....

New to this forum, but would like to get the word out that I am looking to adopt/rescue. Recently lost my boy, and have plenty of room in our home and our hearts to geve another Dobe rescue a FOREVER home. I posted on the "Introduce yourself" thread......we are located in Upstate NY, about an hour west of albany

I have a 6 1/2 year old male purebred Doberman that needs a new home. He is well trained and god dog. Needs a home where he can get more attention. Please help me find him a new home.

I have a 6 1/2 year old male purebred Doberman that needs a new home. He is well trained and god dog. Needs a home where he can get more attention. Please help me find him a new home.

Where are you located and can you tell us more about your dog and pics would be great too.

we have memebers from NY on here and some of us involved in rescue and rehoming so i'm sure we can help you with your boy. But it would be easier, if you tell us more about him, so we get a idea and know what home he needs.

we have memebers from NY on here and some of us involved in rescue and rehoming so i'm sure we can help you with your boy. But it would be easier, if you tell us more about him, so we get a idea and know what home he needs.

great. Sorry for the lack of info. I have been explaining to so many people and then they tell us they cannot help.

He is 6 1/2. Cropped ear, not posted docked tail. The reason he needs a new home is two fold. Since we had kids we have not been able to give him as much attention. This has bothered us for a while. He needs a home where he can get lots of attention. He loves people. Also we have a three year old boxer who he has not gotten along with lately. They have gotten along for years, but something is off lately. For his happiness he needs a new home that is a better fit...

I really hope you can help.

Jack, why don't you start a new thread about your boy for more coverage here. I wish you the best and hope that someone can help you!

maybe one of our Mods can move it and i agree with My Buddy, send a PM to the one who looked for a dobe to adopt. A few more questions, is he neutered and his your boxer neutered? are the both males? That might be the reason why they don't get a long anymore.
We'll try our best to help you, to find this boy a nice home. But it might takes a bit.

maybe one of our Mods can move it and i agree with My Buddy, send a PM to the one who looked for a dobe to adopt. A few more questions, is he neutered and his your boxer neutered? are the both males? That might be the reason why they don't get a long anymore.
We'll try our best to help you, to find this boy a nice home. But it might takes a bit.

He is neutered so is are boxer. Yes they are both males. Thank you so much for your help. I think I PM the other one, but not sure. New to this.

jack are you in New york city...I might have missed it but where in new york state are you?

Back