*Updated*Doberman Chat Rescue Portal (Now Open)

F

FredC

Cross Post form pitbull-chat/Amended by VonDoom

Overview: In appreciation of all the hard work and dedication rescue groups and volunteers commit to the Doberman breed, Doberman Chat will be launching a database for rescue groups to enter their adoptable dogs.

Through this database, rescue groups can create, manage and customize their own categories in order to suit their needs. A main customization option for both categories and entries added by a rescue group is the ability to add modules to certain pages. A few of these modules includes a calendar that links to rescue dogs added by the rescue group on a certain day, a category listings module to show categories created by the rescue group in new locations, a guest book, list of rescue dogs that the rescue group has marked as favorite, custom links and much more.

Categories created by rescue groups virtually become the rescue group's own mini-website for listing their adoptable dogs (much like PetFinder) with customization options. Compared to PetFinder, Doberman Chat's database is more user-friendly, provides optimal organization and targets relevant, local search engine traffic to provide increased exposure for both the dogs and rescue group.

Members of Doberman Chat are able to comment to entered rescue dogs in order to gain additional information, communicate with the rescue group about the dog or simply wish the adoptable dog well in the search for a home. Comments to rescue dogs in user created categories can be moderated (edited\deleted) by the rescue group or comments may be disabled completely in their category if desired.

We welcome all rescues to join our community and participate in our rescue database. Add your adoptable dogs to our database and gain more exposure to both your rescue and your dogs.

This is all currently in the works for DCF and already implemented on our affiliate site Pit Bull Chat, With great success.

Doberman Chat does not ask for Donations to cover our increasing bandwidth costs, hosting Service, domain registration, and maintenance costs.
But thought that by offering up a donation system for this softwares licensing fee, Our community would benifit by workng together and taking a small part in this effort to get Doberman Chat one step closer to what this forum is about, Helping out the Doberman Population especially the ones that need it the most. Once we have reached our goal the donation bar will disappear. ;)

Regards,
The Doberman Chat team.

Preview of Pit Bull Chat's rescue database: http://www.pitbull-chat.com/rescue/

Doberman Chat Rescue Portal

I am really looking forward to this. Love the Rescue Organizations for all they do to help our breed. VonDoom, you must be commended for your dedication and for actually putting in the personal time and effort to help. Thank you so much.

I would first and foremost like to thank everyone involved for making this software available and possable on Doberman Chat. The DCF Rescue Portal is now open. :D

I would also like to say that since this is new to all of us im sure there will be lots of tweeking and bugs to fix along the way. We will all be learning the capabilitys Togther. So im sure some changes and adjustments will have to be made along the way. Please bear with us as we discover all this Portal has to offer. And of course suggestions, and comments are always welcome. Now lets get to the buisness of turning this into the best Doberman Rescue Forum on the Internet ;)

You can click on any of the subforum for your region in the rescue sections. Ill be adding a link to the Navbar on the forum index page as well (thanks for reminding me)
Also the database is currently empty. but we will be working around the clock to change this. The database will become more and more functional everyday. thats a personal promise.

You'll get it Von and I will work around the clock to help with adding everything. I have been a bit distant for a few days, have a headache that won't go away, but hopefully I will find a cure tomorrow and be of the best use I can be, lol

apbtmom76, try drinking lots of water and even electrolytes. Dehydration can cause wicked headaches.

DLS - thank you for the suggestion, water is something I don't drink enough of. lol. I went to bed last night at 8:30 and the headache has left for now but is still nagging at the back. I tried the suggestion Michele gave me and it didn't work either. Thank you Michele, I was so hoping it would work, lol. I have an appt. later this afternoon to see the Dr. So we'll see what happens, lol

Thank you for doing this. I filled out 6 applications to rescue a doberman and only one of them called me back and that person said "they didn't have the right dog for me". The rest said they would get back to me and never did. We ended up getting Nova, a puppy, who I LOVE and adore, but it was ashame there are so many rescue dogs out there and no one wanted to give us one. It was harder to get my teaching job than to rescue a dog. Once again, thank you for doing this and I hope it helps people!!

Thank you for doing this. I filled out 6 applications to rescue a doberman and only one of them called me back and that person said "they didn't have the right dog for me". The rest said they would get back to me and never did. We ended up getting Nova, a puppy, who I LOVE and adore, but it was ashame there are so many rescue dogs out there and no one wanted to give us one. It was harder to get my teaching job than to rescue a dog. Once again, thank you for doing this and I hope it helps people!!

thats was the reason why we bought all or birds from a breeder and why we bought Apollo,because rescues here ,make it very difficult for someone to adopt a pet,i think its bull,because we wanted to give them a second chance,but they don't want to.no wonder there are so many dogs in the rscue,since they not really want them to find a new home.thats how i feel-_-

Back