Update on Mercy's spay surgery.

C908

Notable member
Mercy did really well with her spay surgery. She had no complications and had her stitches removed two weeks later. The hardest part was keeping her and Preacher seperated. They love each other so much and can't hardly stand it if they can't get at each other. I"m just glad to get that surgery over with. Now if I can just get finished with her ears. Since she has a Showcut its taking awhile. I finally found a posting method she will tolerate. She never liked having posts in her ear canals. She also had a lot of skin irratation from taping. I think the Coviden tape was the problem. I ended up doing 1/2 posts using 3m hypoalergenic tape. Once I'm finished I use a little Coviden at the top and bottom to secure. It seems to keep the 3m from coming loose. I also use a piece of Coviden as the bridge. I keep it fairly loose just enough to give a little support.

C908

Notable member
Rose is getting spayed today...I'm nervous
I completely understand, in a couple weeks it will be behind you and you will feel better. The important thing is that you have faith in the vet that is doing the procedure. How old is Rose ?

Gpcoguy

Hot Topics Subscriber
Thanks. I like my vet but have never had anything but routine checkups and shots done

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
It's always a worry but the hard part is ahead of you when you have to try to keep her quiet for a couple weeks.