Update: ear posting

Clyde309

I posted on here around August 2019. Having an issue with keeping my now 1 year old dobie’s right ear up. We have been posting like crazy. Leaving it without a post for a minimum of 15-20 mins, which is cleaning his ear and getting it ready to post again. The right ear does stand during that duration or when he is being attentive to something. I am now at the point of losing hope. Not sure if this ear will ever stand on it’s own. We have been using the backer rod method and changing when needed or at least every 4-5 days. I have notice that the right ear is slightly shorter than the left not sure if that plays an effect, also his left ear has been standing on it’s own around 6months. But I have no clue what else to do. Any suggestions??

Don't lose hope! @Archer had to post her girl Faith past a year old! If you post a picture that might help with some suggestions.

As you can see been doing the backer rod method. I was told to try breathe right strips but I don’t see how that can work to holding his ear up.

Attachments

• 6948E5A8-7F07-4719-B8E7-9B8780ACE096.jpeg
    6948E5A8-7F07-4719-B8E7-9B8780ACE096.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 21D22CBA-6F21-4EF4-B936-DBA4EA5E91A9.jpeg
    21D22CBA-6F21-4EF4-B936-DBA4EA5E91A9.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 22
I was told to try breathe right strips but I don’t see how that can work to holding his ear up.
You are correct about that. Like Rits said, don't give up hope since many of us have had to post beyond a year. It might be that he sleeps on the one side more than the other and it gets the post out of place or something along those lines.

You are correct about that. Like Rits said, don't give up hope since many of us have had to post beyond a year. It might be that he sleeps on the one side more than the other and it gets the post out of place or something along those lines.

I’m back with another update! Clyde’s right ear was finally standing on its own for a full month and a half. Today it has flopped back down and will stand up when he is attentive. Ugh it sucks to see this happen again! Should I go back to posting again? How long should I do it for? Or is it too late ?

Back