1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Unity Doberman

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Gelcoater, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Any of the members know of this breeder? Experience or knowledge appreciated, thank you.

2. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Where did you hear of this breeder? I cant find anything online other than a single about us page and an Instagram with who knows if it's their dogs or just shared pics.

But this on their page, uh what?

Screenshot_20200720-190734.png

Also they are UKC registered but not AKC? Kind of sketchy. They breed for size (red flag). Couldn't get any other page to load on mobile to find health testing, so I can't comment there.

• Wow x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Gelcoater

A friend is looking and asked.
    Like you I couldn’t find much.
    Raising Brindles? I’ve not really even heard of this I don’t think?
    What would they be crossing with to create a brindle coat??

4. Gelcoater

They say this boy is their breeding.
    6BEDE511-F066-499A-8BF5-2844E3086D69.jpeg
    I don’t want to talk any crap, just looking for info.

Looks like a Euro pup structure wise other than his neck is a little skinny? Perhaps perspective in the photo.

And they claim to be importing West German lines.

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Never heard of a brindle Doberman. I would steer clear. And they raise everything except Reds??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Can't really say from that angle and I've seen NA and SA pups have decent bone so it's not really reliable. Not talking crap at all! Just letting you know what I see.

If they really want to pursue, at least ask for health testing results and proof at a minimum. Heart, hips, elbows, eyes, thyroid, liver to name a few. They should be asking for health testing from any prospective breeder, even for pet homes. I'd personally prefer they be doing something with their dogs too and not benefiting off of others hard work (imported champions/grandparent stock). So that they are involved with other like minded folks and can temperament test them in outside settings away from the comforts of home.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gelcoater

Not everything?
    At least they aren’t advertising “white”?
    But yes, strange no mention of reds but other dilutes are bred??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe whoever wrote the information for Unity doesn't have English as their first language? Something getting lost in translation? Maybe they are saying Brindle instead of Red. It all reads a bit strangely IMO, but if it's just that then the dogs they are breeding could be ok.

9. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Just one question of several: What does this mean, exactly?: "...have been breeding and selling Great since 2007." ?

Do they breed other breeds, like maybe Great Danes, and we are seeing a copy/paste typo?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe @jazzies mum has a point. I took "great" as they have been breeding "successfully " or doing a "great" business.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dogs4Life

Dogs4Life Notable member

Just due to the line of work I'm in.. If you can't find much info and the deal is "too good to be true" or the information is "just perfect." It's more than likely a scam...

sorry to to say it..but be careful!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

There are many great reputable breeders you can get a puppy from, I would look elsewhere if it were me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Their site says they have been raising Doberman’s since 1977 and Great Danes sine 2007.

The available puppies (10wks old) are all AKC registered.
    The Health guarantee consists of a vet exam, fecal etc. before shipping to you. No mention of DNA Health Testing for genetic diseases.

My guess is the colors they breed are for the Great Danes as there are not any brindle Dobermans.

Whoever set up the website needs to get a professional to remake it because it overlaps info on Dobes and Danes which is confusing people.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1