Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

UKC Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Other K-9 Shows and Events' started by Panama, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Perry, GA Aug 31st- Sept 3rd

The Middle Georgia Kennel club is teaming up with a few smaller breed clubs to put on one heck of a weekend of events!!! I know it's a ways out, but with it being a holiday weekend, the sooner arrangements are made, the better. Hotels are filling up FAST!!!

8 Conf show (Fri - Mon)
    5 Rally-O trials (Sat, Sun & Mon)
    Terrier Races (Fri, Sat & Sun)
    Temporary Listings Available
    Don't see Altered listed, but a possibility it will be added

As of right now, we do have a CH Class for Dobes! Wahoooo, 8 Grand CH legs up for grabs! If you are interested in joining us, even if it's tentative, book your hotel A.S.A.P. There is RV space at the show site. Let's give them a Class they'll never forget! Bring on the Dobes!!!

• Like Like x 4
  2. parrothead

parrothead Novitiate

Very curious as to where the UKC judges get their education. Certainly they do NOT use the same standard as AKC for judging. Pretty obvious this weekend that someone is paying off the judges for their wins.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Panama

No matter what venue you pay entries for, you are paying for someone's opinion.

Unfortunately, it seems alot of these judges don't know the standard as a breeder/judge would (as in AKC, the judges of particular breed have been involved with the breed for many, many yrs). We had 2 judgeshat are Toy Fox Terrier people and usually judge toy breeds. In UKC they can apply for multiple breeds, and they don't go through the testing they would with AKC. They are suppose to review and be knowledgeable of the standard of the breeds they are going to be judging, and personally, can't say that is always the case. But I paid my entry under that judge and took my lumps as did the others that got dumped. They can only put up 1 dog, and whether I agree or not, it is what it is... that judge's opinion.
    It's not easy losing to a lesser dog, and even if you lose to a better dog, no matter how you look at it, losing sucks. However, regardless of who was put up we ALWAYS practice good sportsmanship.

Win or lose, I know I'm going home with my favorite!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Panama

So far this weekend Hawk has taken 1 leg towards his Grand CH title by taking Best Champion the first show.
    and he's pulled 4 Reserve Champions. Two more shows tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  5. parrothead

parrothead Novitiate

thank you for your response to my first note. Hopefully, for the last day of the Perry, GA fiasco, the judging will be competent and HONEST!

6. Panama

First show I don't know how the Guardian breeds will turn out (of course, hopefully in our favor). The judge was an AKC toy judge, but is no longer affiliated with AKC. 2nd Judge either does or used to own Argentine Dogo's, so I'm confident he will put up dogs that are closer to the breed standard.

7. Panama

Show 1: Best CH, Best of Breed, Group 3
    Show 2: Best CH, Best of Breed, Group 2

Plus he earned his CGC today!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Wow, congratulations!

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congratulations Pam!!!! :congrats: Excellent job!!!! :thumbsup:

Now where are some photos? :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Panama

Aug-Sept1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Panama

If we had earn his Grand CH title, we would've had pictures done. For the $ they want for pics.... it'll have to be a new title or BIS. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't get to go with me, and he's my photographer. I'll see if we can set something up at home to do a picture of Hawk with his ribbons.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Dangggg that's a lot of ribbons. Congrats on a successful weekend!!!

13. Fawns Rule

Fawns Rule Notable member

That is wonderful that you had enough CH dobes for a Grand class. That is the trouble we run into all of the time. Yes, I do agree that some of the UKC judges do not know our breed, but as was mentioned before that is how judging goes. AKC by no means is perfect. They may know the breed standard better, but you will not be chosen because you are an 'unknown' or you dont have a handler! That is what happens to us all of the time, plus try and be a fawn:eek: ! There are politics everywhere. Even with the politics at the show you did outstanding! Congrats to both of you. -Kim

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Look at that spread! Congrats to you and Hawk! :)