Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

UDC Nationals 2019

Discussion in 'Doberman Shows & Events' started by dentar, Mar 23, 2019.

1. dentar

dentar Novitiate

This event is right in my "back yard" and even though I don't think my dog will be ready to compete in any of the events, I plan on attending. Is anyone on this board planning on going? If you are familiar with the event, can you tell me how many people usually attend? Are "newbies" welcome or will I feel like a fish out of water or a bug under a magnifying glass since my bitch is a Craigslist rescue? She looks like a Dober-Whippet, lol, but is proving to be a good sport dog.

• Like Like x 1
  2. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes I will be going. Yes newbies are welcome to watch. You can even come to the dinner (which you have to pay for in advance) one night. The Premium List (list all events, times and judges) is now out. What sucks is that our club has trials at the same time.

3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I would love to go but I haven't even looked up the details yet to know the dates and place. I'm a UDC member but do you have the link handy to post?

4. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Leave your dog at home though, UDC is usually pretty pissy when it comes to dogs that are not competing. They don’t what distractions. But that is up to you.

5. Doberman Gang

I thought about rejoining UDC to go and compete but it is the same weekend as the DVG Midwest Regional Championship. So wouldn’t be able to make The UDC Trial. Plus they might not vote me back in anyway. There membership process can take a few months. As for attendance typically they are pretty small. The IGP will be lucky to get 8 - 10 competitors. But if you are close definitely go check it out, good learning experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

You don't have to be a UDC member to compete. I don't think you get any awards if you're not a member though.

7. Drogon

I might go. It is 2 weeks after the IDC, so I'm not sure how many of the top UDC dobermanns will be there. One of the remembers of our club recently became the UDC regional director, so he has to go. Another member made the IDC world team and she might go when she gets back. If she's going then I'll go to support her.
    Oh and I'm bringing my dog. We're UDC members and if the UDC doesn't like it, they can go kick rocks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Doberman Gang

Think that is true for the fall classic but not UDC Nationals. You used to have to have a membership and scorebook from UDC. At least when I competed at Nationals in 2012 you did.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

2019 UDC National Specialty and IGP Championship – United Doberman Club

I didn't see the host hotel listed but did find it on their FB page. UDC 2019 National Championship

Our club, Vita Nova Dobermann Club, will be hosting the Nationals from the 15th-19th of May at the Portage County Randolph Fairgrounds located at:

4215 Fairgrounds Rd
    Atwater, OH 44201
    United States

The host hotel is the Comfort Suites located at:

953 Edison Street, NW, Hartville, OH, 44632

I think it's worth mentioning that they have a health clinic with fair prices for echos and holters done by Cardiologist Dr. Gina Pasieka DVM on Thursday and Friday morning.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Drogon

It is buried in the 'Premium list' pdf

Summary
    H o s t H o t e l :C o m f o r t S u i t e s953 Edison St NW, Hartville, OH 44632 First cut off date is March 10th. After that no guarantee that rooms will be available.Pet fee: $35 a nightKing rooms: $99 a nightQueen rooms (2 beds): $109 a night
    RV Parking Is available at the Fairgrounds in Atwater, OH; electric hook-ups are available. Cost per night is $25.00 and reservations are recommended as there are a limited number of spaces.
    Judges: Conformation
    Show #1: Catherine Thompson Conformation
    Show #2: Leah Lange Conformation
    Show #3: Dr. Josep Mª Buló
    Obedience Trial #1: Catherine Thompson
    Obedience Trial #2: Catherine Thompson
    Obedience Trial #3: Nancy Giabicki
    Temperament Test: Jacque Matson Helper: Joeri Veth
    Breed Survey: Doug Matson Helper: Joeri Veth
    IGP Trial: Dr. Josep Mª Buló Helpers: Christian Gomez & Andrew Booth

11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

TBH their yearly dues have gone up so much that it's sort of ridiculous compared to DPCA; especially when I don't compete with them.

12. Doberman Gang

If they would open there membership they could probably lower the membership cost and they would still come out ahead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Drogon

It's a "catch 22". If we could get more people to join we could vote out the leadership and vote in new leadership that is in favor of opening up the membership.

14. Doberman Gang

Don’t know whT the fix is, I spent 3 years as mid Central region club Vice President, then 3 more years as the President. Tried to get along, mend fences, get new people into the club, we even tried getting new people voted on to the board but it was a continued up hill battle with the major rule. The vetting process they used in some of the people that were wanting membership was fine right cruel and total bullshit. If they don’t like you or your dogs pedigree you are not getting in. Down right ugly. I saw it time and time again. I finally dropped my membership and started my new club. Sad they can see the light and change. I thought about re applying, Larry told me he would sponsor me if I came back. Not sure I am ready to rejoin yet. Would like to see some change first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm not sure what would need to happen. My experience at the Denver Nationals was enough to make me say NEVER again!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

What is the reasoning behind this? How does this help the club? I can understand not letting in strange folks that don’t adhere to rules/regs or don’t have good core values but decent people who want to work hard and do right by their dog?

What makes them so omnipotent? Do they only want top tier dogs representing in their midst?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  17. Doberman Gang

They need to embrace the people who want to be members. Get them in and educate them on proper breeding if that is something they are interested in. It is like people coming to train with me, if they don’t know how to train for IGP, we teach them, not turn them away because they may have been using poor train.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Interesting. What happened?

I have heard similar comments locally, where the feedback was that clubs are too competitive and have superiority (of breed) issues. There also seems to be suspicion of favoritism especially when it comes to judging. Sometimes it just sounds like soccer moms being defensive of their kids. Other times there are obvious alliances.

I agree that “embracing” new people is not their forte and one has to work to penetrate the established community - it’s a “club” after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s a shame because I just want to participate and learn. They can have all their trophies and titles, I just want to do something more than what we are doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Doberman Gang

You can still do it. You don’t have to join UDC to get a membership and scorebook. My club is with AWMA and I also belong to DVG America.

• Like Like x 1