Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

UDC Fall Classic 2018

Discussion in 'Schutzhund and Ring Sports' started by Drogon, May 14, 2018.

1. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Come one, come all. We are 99% sure we are hosting the UDC fall classic at our club this fall. Only hold up is confirming the judge. It is held during the DPCA nationals which is Oct 6 - 12. I obviously won't be trialing Fury but I'll be there and hope many of you will be there too.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Oh, it's in St Charles this year!? The Mega Center is only half hour from our house! Yesssssss!

3. Drogon

That's where DPCA portion is held. We're an hour or so north.
    8310 Howe Rd, Wonder Lake, IL 60097

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Who are the helpers? Are you required to be a UDC member?

5. Drogon

Dominick is the helper. I'm not sure if there's more than one. I'm not certain about UDC membership requirement. Shawn is checking

6. Drogon

Shawn said you don't have to be a UDC member but if you are you get a discounted rate on entry fees

• Like Like x 1
  7. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I will be showing at DPCA Nationals. May pay a visit to the UDC Classic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Doberman Gang

We are having our trial either 1st or 2nd week in October or 1st weekend in November, not sure yet. Also another Seminar with Waine just before so probably won’t be able to then. But If I get things scheduled and have that weekend available, I may come Trial Blaze and Prada.

9. Doberman Gang

Tracking in grass or dirt?

10. Doberman Gang

Do your blinds run right to left or left to right?

11. Drogon

Grass. We have some big farm fields we use for trials

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drogon

You'll have to help me out with the terminology. One side of the field is tree lined so all the people sit on the other side. Looking at the field from where the people sit, the blinds start on the right side and the find blind is to the left. The first blind is also on the right hand side of the handler as he starts.
    I assume that means right to left ?

13. Doberman Gang

That is correct, right to left. I always train 5 blinds in obedience, so never sending to 6 except during Protection. My field starts left to right, so I will train1 thru 5. If the field is right to left I just skip 6 again and practice blinds backwards 5 thru 1 so the dog see the field with first blind on right. If that makes sense. If I know the field set up I will train exclusively that direction just before the trial.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drogon

What makes it right to left? The view from the side line or the first blind to the right of the handler?
    TIA - I'm still a newb and never even got the chance to trial Drogon past BH

15. Drogon

Looks like the judge will be Ann Dolan

• Like Like x 1
  16. Doberman Gang

Where the dog handler team starts the blind search. If blind 1 is in the left it is left to right, blind one on right it is right left.

17. Doberman Gang

Ann is awesome, just trialed at her club.

18. Doberman Gang

This is an arial view of my field. It is left to right. X is the start of the blind search.

Attached Files: